Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hi... Hel-OH!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hi... Hel-OH! on Tue May 25, 2010 4:51 am

I was wondering when Kat would meet some catmen.

View user profile

2 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Tue May 25, 2010 6:12 am

Sometimes shit happens, when same muse is used for different characters.

View user profile

3 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Tue May 25, 2010 6:52 am

i just had a scary thought!.........Scarlet in love! (queue dramatic music) affraid

View user profile

4 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Tue May 25, 2010 7:52 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:i just had a scary thought!.........Scarlet in love! (queue dramatic music) affraid

She probably only loves something as far as hugging it because it's shiny or fluffy or it's warm.

View user profile

5 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Tue May 25, 2010 8:21 am

true....my threat seems gone, though the fear still lingers in the darkest recesses of my mind.

View user profile

6 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Tue May 25, 2010 10:52 am

Kat talking to a guy other than Art. This will be new. She dropped into coy-sexy mode real quick.
Maybe in this flashback we'll actually get to see Art with a girl other than Kat.
This may all be flashback put it's nice to know they had love lives at one time. Very Happy

P.S. There are a few drawings where JJ has given Kat a big Tom-cat to play with. But I wouldn't mind seeing Art with a tasty little strumpet every now and again, just to remind us that he's still in the game.

Last edited by Sylentknight on Tue May 25, 2010 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

7 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Tue May 25, 2010 11:38 am

Sylentknight wrote:Kat talking to a guy other than Art. This will be new. She dropped into coy-sexy mode real quick.
Maybe in this flashback we'll actually get to see Art with a girl other than Kat.
This may all be flashback put it's nice to know they had love lives at one time. Very Happy

P.S. There are a few drawings where JJ has given Kat a big Tom-cat to play with. But I wouldn't mind see Art with a tasty little strumpet every now and again, just to remind us that he's still in the game.

...Since when has Art been in the game at all? ZING!!

Oh, right...

The last time I was... Sad

View user profile

8 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Tue May 25, 2010 12:20 pm

I'll admit, there's something about the catguy I think is a bit off. I think it's his eyes. They look a bit too rounded in my opinion.

View user profile

9 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Tue May 25, 2010 1:09 pm

OMG, Kat and Vanity have no pupils!
Lets stop picking at JJs artwork. OK? Rolling Eyes

View user profile

10 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Tue May 25, 2010 2:11 pm

GothGuru wrote:OMG, Kat and Vanity have no pupils!
Lets stop picking at JJs artwork. OK? Rolling Eyes

It's just a very small thing that bugs me a little. I rarely ever complain about artistic direction anyway.

View user profile

11 And then, it got worse on Tue May 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Last edited by Black Mantha on Tue May 25, 2010 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Small graphic error)

View user profile

12 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Tue May 25, 2010 6:54 pm

Black Mantha wrote:
Oh, I get it, the fart sound effect is inferred! Laughing
While your at it, put black slitlike pupils in Kat and Vanity's eyes.
Man, it's as bad as when a teacher asked me what the Mona Lisa is smiling about.
She was a witch and DaVinchi was under her magical spell. That's why!
Kat and Vanity are not in close up. That's why their eyes are not cat like enough. Right?

View user profile

13 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Tue May 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Quoth Cenaris:
I'll admit, there's something about the catguy I think is a bit off. I think it's his eyes. They look a bit too rounded in my opinion.
They make him look young. I couldn't help but think that Kat should be "ashamed" of herself, going after kittens. Razz

Quoth GothGuru:
OMG, Kat and Vanity have no pupils!
Kat and Vanity are not in close up. That's why their eyes are not cat like enough. Right?
In bright light, cat eyes become vertical slits (Like you mentioned). My guess is that Jolly Jack represents this effect by leaving them out of the drawing. He's done this shortcut so much that he tends to overlook them in situations in which low light would dilate the pupils and make them more obvious.

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

14 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Wed May 26, 2010 3:38 am

plus, if you ad the cat eye slit, it looks more......demonic, or evil... it dose not go well with cartoon characters such as this in many cases.

View user profile http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

15 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Wed May 26, 2010 9:14 am

The first thing that I have say about today's strip is: "Ask and ye shall receive."

Now, that said... Does that guy look a little like Chloe's twin boyfriends? I've just got the feeling that the appearance of a new character (in what is an induced hallucination, remember) is an indication that things are about to get a bit... psychadelic.

View user profile

16 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Wed May 26, 2010 9:28 am

We all have to remember this: Kat is really unconscious due to the Cthulhu like monster and Vanity might still be having those -itishere- moments.

View user profile

17 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Wed May 26, 2010 10:51 am

I think JJ has a sketch pad next to his bed so he can draw the strip fresh from his dreams. He puts the dreams in an order and calls it Sequential Art.
In other words, It's all dreams! Shocked

View user profile

18 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Wed May 26, 2010 11:41 pm

GothGuru wrote:I think JJ has a sketch pad next to his bed so he can draw the strip fresh from his dreams. He puts the dreams in an order and calls it Sequential Art.
In other words, It's all dreams! Shocked

I don't (Can't) do anything so coordinated when I get up in the morning. Tea first!!
Teeeeeeeea!

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

19 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Thu May 27, 2010 3:18 am

jollyjack wrote:
Teeeeeeeea!

Ha! My family, like, "lives" off of tea. haha

20 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Thu May 27, 2010 2:01 pm

I total a lot of tea, but on a work day I'm on the iced coffee diet.
Brew one pot of coffee.
Fill glass or sports bottle with ice.
Fill 1/4 of the way with NON-fat milk.
Pour hot coffee over ice till near top.
Drink till wide awake.

View user profile

21 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Thu May 27, 2010 2:28 pm

O.O Caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine
CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIINNNNNE!

22 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Thu May 27, 2010 3:13 pm

caffeine!!!!!!!!!!!

View user profile

23 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Thu May 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Caffeine?

View user profile

24 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Thu May 27, 2010 7:02 pm

O.O Caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine caffeine
CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIINNNNNE!.

View user profile

25 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! on Fri May 28, 2010 12:11 am

BenRG wrote:The first thing that I have say about today's strip is: "Ask and ye shall receive."

Now, that said... Does that guy look a little like Chloe's twin boyfriends? I've just got the feeling that the appearance of a new character (in what is an induced hallucination, remember) is an indication that things are about to get a bit... psychadelic.
Should I get flanger pedal and the sitar?

View user profile

26 Re: Hi... Hel-OH! Today at 1:35 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum