Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Own Character

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Your Own Character on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:28 am

Quoth Nikolai:
Actually, a noob, or rather the word "noob", is a way to insult someone in a very harsh way. Stating to everyone that they (the person being insulted) are infact a newbie, or someone how just sucks at everything related to the topic. (forums, singing, art, gaming, etc.) It is a "Taunt" if anything.
Could be. The meaning probably differs according to social group.

Quoth BeDaOrLiSeAr:
CyberCorn, I think your character is very creative. I envy your ability to create an entire world with such creativity. Did the character come first, or the world?
Thank you. The world came first. I first created it about fifteen years ago, developing it with occasional writings here and there as I went along. I didn't actually sit down and write the first novel Winterfur until NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writer's Month) 2004. I started the sequel Isen's Bane the following year, but haven't finished it yet.

Deidrei is a major supporting character in Winterfur, first appearing halfway through the novel. I liked the character so much that, in Isen's Bane, she was promoted to co-star. As I've written Isen's Bane, I've had to revise Winterfur as I understand Deidrei's character better. I have some idea of her future as I have two more possible novels planned.

However, the main character of the novels isn't Deidrei, but Baksrit of Albes AKA "Winterfur".

The main star is the ermine wizardess Baksrit of Albes, dubbed "Winterfur" by Deidrei's Artemin clan.

Born to a merchant house in the large city of Loma, Baksrit found that the mercantile business just didn't interest her. After human wizard Solomon rescued several people, including her parents, from a spell-wielding assassin, she impressed Solomon with her prudence and intelligence enough for him to take her on as his apprentice. As a result of a spellcasting accident (which might not have been the accident everyone thought it was) early in her apprenticeship, Baksrit's coat is permanently locked in ermine colors, has an increase in the power of her spellcasting abilities, is forced (to her chagrin) to an all vegetarian diet, and ages slower than other weasels (at twenty, she has been mistaken for a teenager; at fifty, she is likely to appear as if she were in her late twenties). At the time of my novels (one written, one half-written, and two planned), she is a journeyman wizardess; highly skilled, very knowledgeable, and potentially powerful, but still in need of practical experience. Usually, she's painfully aware of this, but sometimes she does tend to forget and overreach herself.

Baksrit has two younger sisters and two older half-brothers through her father. Her mother is her father's second wife who is often gleefully at odds with Baksrit's overbearing paternal grandmother. Baksrit is being courted by a male weasel from another merchant house, but they have chosen to delay being affianced for the time being. On rare occasions, Baksrit has seen the spirit of her dead maternal grandmother thanks to "damage" done to her brain by the accident. In truth, contacting the dead gives her the willies.

In Baksrit's world, magic is not the opposite of science. Instead, science is figuring out the world and how it works. The knowledge gained from science can be used in two ways: technologically, using physical means to do things, and magically, using mental means to do things. Mages of her world are to magic as mechanics and engineers are to technology.

Probably the biggest thing this particular picture helped me to decide about Baksrit is that she prefers to wear warm autumn colors.

View user profile

27 Re: Your Own Character on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:14 pm

dang, creativity overload.. Very Happy

View user profile

28 Re: Your Own Character on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:03 pm

i know that Pepper is drawn kinda in the SA style (if im not doing it too much injustice), but on a scale of one to ten, how unoriginal is Pepper?(ten being completely overused)

View user profile

29 Re: Your Own Character on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:09 pm

who is Pepper?

View user profile

30 Re: Your Own Character on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Quoth Nikolai:
who is Pepper?
Pepper White is the Sequential Art style skunk whose picture he's been trying to post the last two pages.

View user profile

31 Re: Your Own Character on Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:53 pm

btw, i created Pepper before i knew about JJ's Chloe

(just sayin') Very Happy

View user profile

32 Re: Your Own Character on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:13 am

this is a random pic I decided not to take past the (what I call) 4H stage because I like it how it is and thought it was okay enough to post. If this is done in JJ's style it it was unintentional.

View user profile

33 Re: Your Own Character on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:03 am

On another topic I mentioned a character I made calledryan melfire. well this is what I was talking about. To me it was a little too old huge-eyed cartoonish.

So, I took that random sketch and called it the new and improve Ryan Melfire.

I liked it so I made another one.

So I decided to make him a fighter kitty. So-long preteen "kiddy"-kat. Well, I thought that he needed a sidekick. After a lot of thought and after I started drawing said sidekick, I realized that I could make one of my completely unoriginal characters more original. Remember my character Pepper White, the stupid and innocent skunk?

I decided to make her a total bad-ass punk-skunk (I really want to copyright that phrase Very Happy ).

Since I'm traveling in Europe, I don't have access to a scanner. I'm stuck using my computer's camera, which is suckitude incarnate. Smile also, the pictures are backwards because my computer is too freaking stupid to automatically switch it around and I'm too lazy to fix them. All of these still in 4H stage.

View user profile

34 Re: Your Own Character on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:14 am

You know, if you just wanted a watermark instead of the siggy, I can isolate the text for you.

View user profile

35 Re: Your Own Character on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:16 am

You can? That would be great! PLz do that for me. Very Happy

View user profile

36 Re: Your Own Character on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:16 am

I was kinda unclear when I asked for a sig. Sorry.

View user profile

37 Re: Your Own Character on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Yeah, Can you make me one too? Something that looks kind of like the signature I made. (Below)

It dose not have to be yellow with a black background. just Black and white. (White background)

View user profile

38 Re: Your Own Character on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:45 pm

They will be posted in my thread when I am done

View user profile

39 Re: Your Own Character on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:46 pm

Kay, Kool

View user profile

40 Re: Your Own Character Today at 5:07 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: