Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Permission to rant... Mother's Day

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Permission to rant... Mother's Day Empty Permission to rant... Mother's Day Fri May 07, 2010 2:56 pm

p1x13st1ck

p1x13st1ck

So I need somewhere to vent and I thought what place better than with those with like minds.

Ah yes, family. Okay, so Sunday is Mother's Day here in the U.S. and I'm sure there are others that celebrate the same time as well, but besides the point, we all know who this day is for, mothers.

I am a mommy myself of a 3-year old. My Mother is a mother of 4. My Mother-in-law is a mother of 2. My Sister-in-law...none.

Well, my family (my husband, son, and I) celebrated Mother's Day with my mother last Sunday because we are going to spend time with my Mother-in-law this weekend. No problem.

The issue is, my Sister-in-law decided to "make plans" for us while we are visiting with my Mother-in-law. Granted, it wouldn't be such a big deal if we didn't live 3 1/2 hours away and rarely got to see them but 3-4 times a year.

Well, we are heading up tomorrow and spending the night. We will be leaving Sunday there evening.

Saturday evening, when we arrive, my Sister-in-law is visiting my Mother-in-law with 3 kids that she is babysitting and bringing hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for everyone. Two problems, One, my son hates mac n' cheese. Two, after 3 1/2 hours of driving, the LAST thing I want to do is be around a bunch of kids eating crappy food.

Sunday morning, my Sister-in-law proposes we go out for brunch for Mother's Day. I don't have a problem with this, except for the fact that she chose a place that charges $20/ head for a brunch buffet. Now, I don't know about you, but I hate buffets. All I see are people who have no "off" switch when it comes to food. Me, personally, I only eat one plate of food. My son, on good days, probably a plate of food. My husband, he might have up to three plates of food. So, I'm paying $60 for a maximum 5 plates of food. Somehow I find this unfair. I would be happy eating in - hell - I'd even cook.

So, crazy, controlling Sister-in-law whom I thought previously was an okay person to talk to has officially hit my shit list.

Well, I wrote her and said, "We really won't have enough money for brunch on Sunday. We were really just planning on spending time up there. We will probably only have enough money for gas to get there and back. Our budget is pretty tight unfortunately. I know you made reservations and everything, but do you think you could come up with a more reasonable place to go?"

I wrote this Wednesday, she has yet to respond...

Does anyone think I'm wrong? I just need an honest opinion.

2Permission to rant... Mother's Day Empty Re: Permission to rant... Mother's Day Fri May 07, 2010 2:57 pm

cenaris

cenaris

How many mother's days do you guys get? I'm sure there was earlier this year over there.

3Permission to rant... Mother's Day Empty Re: Permission to rant... Mother's Day Fri May 07, 2010 3:00 pm

p1x13st1ck

p1x13st1ck

One Mother's Day...The second Sunday of May

4Permission to rant... Mother's Day Empty Re: Permission to rant... Mother's Day Fri May 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Pietja

Sorry for the intrusion, but we rant in what grind my gears thread...

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

5Permission to rant... Mother's Day Empty Re: Permission to rant... Mother's Day Fri May 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Pandora

Pandora

cenaris wrote:How many mother's days do you guys get? I'm sure there was earlier this year over there.

Nah, we only just have one.

6Permission to rant... Mother's Day Empty Re: Permission to rant... Mother's Day Fri May 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Pietja

She should respond for your message, for starters.

Otherwise I'd thought of her motives. Why does she need to go where she wants to go and does she really needs to. That thing, of course, only if she's not a control-freak.

On the other side, as you wrote, your sister-in-law has no kids while you do. Thus, you're not a single being here - you're a three-headed monster, if I may say so Very Happy.
And that means your family right, your son, husband and yours are IMO far more important than hers.

Unless she's the one that'll be treating all three of you Very Happy.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

7Permission to rant... Mother's Day Empty Re: Permission to rant... Mother's Day Fri May 07, 2010 5:45 pm

p1x13st1ck

p1x13st1ck

Pietja wrote:Sorry for the intrusion, but we rant in what grind my gears thread...

Apologies, I will not repost this issue, but shall others arise, I will keep that in mind

8Permission to rant... Mother's Day Empty Re: Permission to rant... Mother's Day Tue May 18, 2010 11:02 am

p1x13st1ck

p1x13st1ck

So alls well that ends well... I persuaded her to not bring the kids she was babysitting and got her to pay for our meals. After all, it was Mother's Day.

*And she just got her tax return back Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]