Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What have you recently played?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1 What have you recently played? on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Played any video games lately? Then maybe you want to tell us about it? Share your thoughts and say if you enjoy the games or if it happened something special in them that you want to tell others about.

We can start with me:

Dead Space
This… game… is… AWESOME!!! Of the few horror games I’ve played, this is surely my favorite. I think I’ve come to the middle of chapter three right now and really can’t wait to play more. At first, I thought it was frightening as hell… but soon things didn’t seem so scary after all, though there are still moments where I almost jump in the roof. I really like the plot, and the Resident Evil 4 influenced aiming and 3rd person view works out really good. If JJ made a “How To Play” about this game… I would praise him even more than before.

Team Fortress 2
One of the funniest multiplayer shooters I’ve ever played. The differences when it comes to classes are outstanding, fun and simply enough fantastic. I’ve always been a fan of Valve, whom really nailed it with this game and The Orange Box.

Mass Effect
Finally got my hands on it, and god am I glad I did. I tried the second game couple of weeks ago and experienced true love. So, I wanted to get the game myself and thought I could start off with this game. I could have waited getting both games to 360 (when I hopefully get the console), but both games have special prices for the PC versions, so I took that direction. The control mechanics seems anyway easier to PC and since I now have the first game, it would be better if I bought the second game for PC too so I can transmit stuff from the first game and hey, free DLCs Smile

QUESTION: Is the european PC version of Mass Effect censored in any way? Cause the game I have here, has an age rating on 12+...

2 Re: What have you recently played? on Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:21 pm

GTA: San Andreas

Both offline and online. Reinstalled and replayed, I'm determined to hit the 100%.

Multi-Theft-Auto is the online mod, which is good because I have a server with some friends.

View user profile

3 Re: What have you recently played? on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:54 pm

GTA4 - iCheat here. Helicopter ftw. I hate the fact they removed the fact you cant use a parachute and you cant drive airplanes anymore. Although the new physics engine and the other new features make up for it. I still miss those parachutes though.

Ragnarok private server - I won't tell you which specific server I'm playing. A friend introduced me to this server and I've been playing ever since. Overpowered items. Hackers. Overpowered donation items. Corruption. All of them and more are in this server. Though the community makes up for all of it. And the fact I have one of the strongest sets in game Twisted Evil

View user profile

4 Re: What have you recently played? on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:45 am

Flashgame: Submachine

View user profile

5 Re: What have you recently played? on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:10 am

Dwarf Fortress

Or more specifically, dicking around with Dwarf Fortress to learn what can and can't be done in preparation of an awesome Megaconstruction project I have planned. The latest version was released a few weeks ago and I'm biding my time waiting for it to no longer be game breakingly buggy. I haven't really been, you know, actually playing Dwarf Fortress as in actually building up a livable fortress yet.

View user profile

6 Re: What have you recently played? on Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:12 am

Ganthan wrote:Dwarf Fortress

Or more specifically, dicking around with Dwarf Fortress to learn what can and can't be done in preparation of an awesome Megaconstruction project I have planned. The latest version was released a few weeks ago and I'm biding my time waiting for it to no longer be game breakingly buggy. I haven't really been, you know, actually playing Dwarf Fortress as in actually building up a livable fortress yet.

Hah, I read the Saga of Boatmurdered the other day. Brilliant.

View user profile

7 Re: What have you recently played? on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:47 am

Sex.

Best game ever.

and before that - Hitman : Blood Money Very Happy

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

8 Re: What have you recently played? on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:52 am

Pietja wrote:Sex.

Best game ever.

and before that - Hitman : Blood Money Very Happy

You sir. You sir are awesome.

Also I never played any of the Hitman games.

@topic Fallout 3: GOTYE

View user profile

9 Re: What have you recently played? on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:49 am

Torchlight
A fun, little RPG I downloaded from Steam because of a really cheap deal. I’m hanging on floor 20 or something and I’m actually a little tired of it. It was really fun the first five hours, but from that point it has kinda just slowed down.

Left 4 Dead 2

I just can’t wait for the DLC that’s coming today. This is one of my favorite co-op games and it’s clearly one of the best zombie-survival games ever made (except from Dead Space).

Mass Effect

I’m officially hooked to this game and I’m going to buy Mass Effect 2 somewhere in the future. The dialogue and visuals are magnificent, though I don’t find the gameplay as good as in the second game and I’m really pissed off of the elevators… other else I love it <3 If I sit down before my screen and Mass Effect… I won’t get off until at least an hour has passed away. Sadly… I experience now a lot of lag. Sure I have a lot of movies and other games storeed on my laptop, but there's still enough space and there shouldn't reallt be any problems. And other games runs smoothly, so I really don't know the problem...

No More Heroes
A very good, but not flawless game that I’m glad was made. One bad thing is that the gore is removed in this European version and that give the game a little emptiness… because this was a game pointing highly to the more mature Wii-gamers. I’ll maybe go after the second game since it seems like they make two versions available: One with gore, and one without.

10 Re: What have you recently played? on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Smelge wrote:
Ganthan wrote:Dwarf Fortress

Hah, I read the Saga of Boatmurdered the other day. Brilliant.

You ought to like the tale of Nist Akath. It's very VERY long, though. Plus I think it's STILL ongoing so I wouldn't blame you for not reading the whole thing. It's pretty entertaining for a while, though.

View user profile

11 Re: What have you recently played? on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:06 pm

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Seriously, there's so many things to do in that game that I could sit for hours and play it.

View user profile

12 Re: What have you recently played? on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:38 am

GoldenDragon wrote:The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Seriously, there's so many things to do in that game that I could sit for hours and play it.
That kinda reminded me on Fallout 3... which I'm striding to play while I just got Mass Effect. I just don't really know which one to focus on...

13 Re: What have you recently played? on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:32 am

@NdRiLz@ wrote:
GoldenDragon wrote:The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

That kinda reminded me on Fallout 3... which I'm striding to play while I just got Mass Effect. I just don't really know which one to focus on...

Play Mass Effect first. It's faster to finish. Then get Fallout3 with the DLC. That way you can feel the true awesomeness of Fallout3.

View user profile

14 Re: What have you recently played? on Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:15 pm

Clockwork wrote:Play Mass Effect first. It's faster to finish. Then get Fallout3 with the DLC. That way you can feel the true awesomeness of Fallout3.
Probably a good idea, I'm anyway longer into Mass Effect already, so I'll keep it going from there. I've already got Fallout 3 with The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage.

15 Re: What have you recently played? on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Just started playing GTA 4 again thanks to the new patch that finally gives nice shadows and me buying a Radeon 5870, so I cranked the visual settings all the way up.

Maybe this time I'll manage to beat the very last mission which I gave up on in frustration after failing it about 20 times in a row...

np: Autechre - O=0 (Oversteps)

View user profile

16 Re: What have you recently played? on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:17 am

FFXIII
Despite most of the hate for this game I've seen on other websites. I can't help like this game. Semi-good story, b-e-a-u-tiful graphics, fairly good V-A (except Vanille...stick with one accent love..), return of gunblades, Shiva Motorbike...

Elder Scolls:Oblivion
I can happily waste time, cave/castle/fort/ruins diving. Without having to touch any of the Mage/Fighter/Thief/Brotherhood/main storylines.

Pokemon Soul Silver
*ducks random thrown objects* Okay, hear me out. Maybe a kids game, but it's one of the most diverse RPG's around...plus the original silver game was the last game I managed to "catch them all" Easy to play, easy to understand storyline, I'm also going to add slightly harder gym leaders this time around. Having to grind for Monty at the moment. WTF!! Plus it gives me something to do in my lunchtime, besides doing sudoku puzzles.

View user profile

17 Re: What have you recently played? on Fri May 07, 2010 10:20 am

Final Fantasy XIII
I'm Finally to the point where there is somewhat of a side quest and can definitely work on some power leveling Smile YAY!

Monopoly
Fun family times on the Wii

God of War III
Absolutely gorgeous; Hack n' Slash n' Blood n' Gore... I love it Very Happy

View user profile

18 Re: What have you recently played? on Sun May 09, 2010 4:31 am

Bad Company 2

Tanks Tanks Guns Helicopters Destructible terrain.
Did I also mention tanks?

Halo Reach Beta

Ok, I know it has the word HALO in the title, but trust me on this. This is one of the best games Ive played for a long time. Even though its still a beta.

Team FOrtress 2

SANDVICH!!! Nuff said.

View user profile

19 Re: What have you recently played? on Sun May 09, 2010 8:09 am

I have to study actually. This term has been so short, haven't had time to do anything but study.

Played some Empire: Total War. Was ok.

Maybe play some WoW during the exams. I always get the feeling to play WoW during the winter exams.

@Lazarus. Indeed, BF: BC 2 is an epic game. 'tis a shame I haven't played in a while. Damn you slow internet for making patch downloads so slow!!!

View user profile

20 Re: What have you recently played? on Wed May 19, 2010 2:18 am

The Doctor wrote:
Pokemon Soul Silver
*ducks random thrown objects* Okay, hear me out. Maybe a kids game, but it's one of the most diverse RPG's around...plus the original silver game was the last game I managed to "catch them all" Easy to play, easy to understand storyline, I'm also going to add slightly harder gym leaders this time around.
Beleive me: nothing to take cover about. I know a bunch of gamers that keeps playing Pokémon. Those games were a clearly winner when it came to handheld games in my even younger days. My last game was Ruby, I've given up on the series because I think it has gone to far in some way, and actually a little stupid with all the new stuff. But I absolutely respect that someone plays Pokémon when they have a good and reasonable meaining about why.

Dragon Age: Origins
Woot! Finally picked this one up (glad I did), but... I have to stay some off this game before I get to deep into it at first. There's a lot of games I feel like I have to finnish before laying out on big games like Dragon Age. I mean that I have to complete Torchlight, Dead Space, Fallout 3 and maybe Half Life 2: Episode 1, cause these are games I've gotten far into. I think I just take one game at the time. Back to DA... this is by far maybe the most advanced RPG I've ever played (I don't have that much experience with RPG's), but wow... what an awesome game! I'm wandering around with an ugly City Elf and I've got deep enough into combat to say that I know how the game mechanics works. It was MUCH simpler in Mass Effect, even though it could be a little confusing.

Portal
Since it went free on Steam, a lot of friends have played the crap out of it, so I've followed the madness and started going through the game again. So worth it, cause those 2-3 hours of gameplay are so much fun.

Team Fortress 2
Dang it... I can't keep myself from Valve's multiplayer games. I've been a little achievement hunter lately and picked up some weapons along. So fun, oh so much fun ^^

Left 4 Dead 2
This game has a hook on me... Ever since The Passing and the mutations, there have been a lot of gaming here. A really fun game to play with friends, and I've also discovered the fun with those crazy costum servers.

21 Re: What have you recently played? on Wed May 19, 2010 9:04 am

Can someone recommend me a nice RTS? I want to be able to play online with friends and such, I have tried Defcon, but not everyone likes it (Can't imagine why).

Something with a bit of Diplomacy and some base management yet still plays in real time.

C&C? But then everyone needs to own it :/

View user profile

22 Re: What have you recently played? on Mon May 24, 2010 10:18 am

MicasR wrote:Can someone recommend me a nice RTS? I want to be able to play online with friends and such, I have tried Defcon, but not everyone likes it (Can't imagine why).

Something with a bit of Diplomacy and some base management yet still plays in real time.

C&C? But then everyone needs to own it :/
Hmm... Star Craft 2 is coming out soon, I dunno... haven't played that much RTS.

23 Re: What have you recently played? on Mon May 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Played DotA again not too long ago... forgot how much fun it could be when I'm playing with my boys on our LAN server and we're having too much fun to remember we need to get up early the next morning XD Wink

Unfortunately, Steam is blocked on my school's internet, but otherwise I'd be with you guys on TF2.

And in the game lounge on campus we've been playing Left 4 Dead on the 360 on and off because of exams coming up. Damn tank decided to aggro on me, knocking me into the witch Shocked I got friggin mauled... Yay playing co-op on the hardest setting?

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/aimereta

24 Re: What have you recently played? on Tue May 25, 2010 2:57 pm

I'm playing some oldies, and right now it, the "Opposing Force" side game to Half-Life. And being at the last section I am finding it damned hard.

View user profile

25 Re: What have you recently played? on Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:52 pm

Dead Space
Damn I'm not finished yet... I'm at chapter 9 cause I've taken this game bit for bit. Now introduced to new necromorphs in this chapter, I'm really getting a challenge (those who have played this game knows what I'm talking about)

Halo 3
Since I just got the 360, why not buy the most hyped exclusive game for the console? I've played a LOT of Halo with friends and been on this game several times. I've just started this game... and I have to say I really don't like this part, but I know this game, so I think it will give a much better experience for me later.

Assassin's Creed II

This game is made of pure awesomesauce. I borrow it from a friend, so I'm trying to get done with this game fast enough (luckily it's one hell of a big game). I've never played something like it, the combat seemed as a little downer for me right in the start, but now that I've gotten into this game... I love it!

Borderlands
This is the game I've played the most at the moment. Saddly, my net has gone to hell, so I can't experience the joy of online co-op yet. Still, it's an amazing game! I've heard it's a little short for a RPG (kinda), but hell this game is fun! It's like they've taken Fallout 3 and done it into a little more lighthearted and colourfull co-op game. The RPS genre will always be my favourite <3

Pure
Didn't knew I could have so much fun with a game based on ATVs. It kinda brings me back to SSX, just more motorized and stylished. I wonder how it will be playing online?

Last edited by @NdRiLz@ on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum