Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert!

+7
the good samaritan
JimmyDimples
26_9
Taruna
CyberCorn Entropic
Nighthawke
BenRG
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Empty Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:24 pm

BenRG

BenRG

Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! SA_0615_small

Hmmm... Let's run this down:

1. Murderous pirate/smuggler;

2. Unnatural self-inflicted deaths (human sacrifice alert);

3. Mysterious phenomenon;

4. Possible bad psychic vibes;

5. Skeptical researchers;

And, most importantly:

6. Vanity with spooky glowing eyes!

Something tells me that things are going to get very eldrich over the next set of strips. Maybe even with such wonders as undead pirates and hidden treasure with a curse. Of course, it will all turn out to be the fault of old Mr. Wilkins the land agent.

"And it would have worked too if it weren't for you meddling kids and your talking cats!"

Nighthawke

Nighthawke

Some of her Talent is showing up, eh? Looks very powerful.

If she can talk with Stoker, what other powers does she have?

Channeling? That last box may indicate that.

This ought to be fun! ^.^

*Fires SMS's off at Smelge's phone to whip up something ebil with that.: Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

3Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Empty Re: Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:59 pm

CyberCorn Entropic

CyberCorn Entropic

Quoth BenRG:

My thoughts were that would be the perfect cover story for a real smuggling/illegal operation. Any suspicious activity could be put down to the alleged haunts.

And, most importantly:

• Vanity with spooky glowing eyes!
And this could mean there's some real haunts there that might have nothing to do with the legend.

Or there might some truth to the old legend after all. Razz Either way, there's going to be some spooky hijinks coming up.

http://www.freewebs.com/roadstripe/index.htm

4Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Empty Re: Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:22 am

Taruna

I am very, very, very eager to see what comes next. Vanity Rocks!

26_9

Do you remember,what made the Lord Simon Canterville gone from the castle ?

JimmyDimples

JimmyDimples

Ezekiel Pretz?

confused

The pirate's named after a Japanese snack stick? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretz

I'm expecting a monkey or parrot named Gleeko popping up before too long.

Last edited by JimmyDimples on Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PARROT! Not "pirate"!)

http://jimmydimples.deviantart.com

7Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Empty Re: Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:06 am

the good samaritan

the good samaritan

BenRG wrote:Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! SA_0615_small

And, most importantly:

On the last note, this is either going to be very cool, or frickin' scary as hell. Either way, I'm excited to find out.

cenaris

cenaris

the good samaritan wrote:
BenRG wrote:Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! SA_0615_small

And, most importantly:

On the last note, this is either going to be very cool, or frickin' scary as hell. Either way, I'm excited to find out.

I'm hoping for scary as hell, but in a if-you-think-hard-enough-about-it. Those kinds of scares, the psychological ones are the best scares.

Aimereta

Aimereta

I concur, cenaris. Except once those scare you, it STAYS! *shivers* Anybody else here reminiscent of the old "Are You Afraid of the Dark" shows?

http://www.freewebs.com/aimereta

10Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Empty Re: Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Pietja

Aimereta wrote:Anybody else here reminiscent of the old "Are You Afraid of the Dark" shows?

*raises hand*

I do. Sligthly more atmospheric than Goosebumps, yet still a rather after-school show for relaxation than to actually scare. I was about 12 when it was aired.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

11Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Empty Re: Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:02 am

cenaris

cenaris

Aimereta wrote:I concur, cenaris. Except once those scare you, it STAYS! *shivers* Anybody else here reminiscent of the old "Are You Afraid of the Dark" shows?

A few examples of psychological scares I can recall in recent memory come from Doctor Who. Exhibit 1: The Empty Child. It's visual as well as psychological.
"Are you my mommy?"
You don't get creeped out by the very dangerous titular kid in a gas mask (those world war 2 gas masks have a creepy vibe to them anyway) and then the sequence where the medic starts to say "Are you my mommy" as a gas mask forms around his face, you must be one hard cookie. Pretty much sci-fi 1940s zombies

Also the episode Midnight. First time round it was just very much a possessed woman repeating what the Doctor says and then very gradually saying what the Doctor's about to say two steps ahead of him getting him to repeat her, and that didn't sound at all that creepy. The you watch it again and you think about it too much and now it starts to become a really scary idea. She repeats him, then they say things in exact sync then the order of who says what first is reversed and the Doctor is at her mercy. It's one that sinks in if you let it.

12Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Empty Re: Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:10 am

Retsof

Retsof

While We're on the topic of creepy stuff, you should play the Trancend campaign for Freespace. This guy got a fighter sim to be scary. Ships dissapearing, weird distorted messages, the universe apparently going mad around you. To top it off, as it progresses you can feel the player charicter loosing his mind. *shudder*

13Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Empty Re: Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:19 am

cenaris

cenaris

The last bit there sounds very much like Eternal Darkness, the one game that proves Nintendo isn't just for kids.

Insanity meter will literally scare the bajeezus out of you.

14Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Empty Re: Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Aimereta

Aimereta

All very valid points. I love you And yeah, that did sound like ED... It always got me when I'd walk into a new room and end up on the friggin' ceiling...Shocked Love that game nonetheless ^_^

And yeah, I was, like, 8 when Are You Afraid of the Dark aired XD lol

Last edited by Aimereta on Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had an afterthought... XD)

http://www.freewebs.com/aimereta

15Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Empty Re: Uh oh - Spooky Kitty Poet Power Alert! Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:36 am

the good samaritan

the good samaritan

cenaris wrote:The last bit there sounds very much like Eternal Darkness, the one game that proves Nintendo isn't just for kids.

Insanity meter will literally scare the bajeezus out of you.

OH, GOD, THAT GAME MADE ME AFRAID FOR MY LIFE.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum