Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

We are gamers!

+17
patanu102
Ganthan
Drunkenvalley
The Doctor
Frist
MicasR
not_cenaris
Pietja
Xenathos
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Damien Darkside
Nikolai
Zumbo Prime
26_9
Lazarus Firenze
p1x13st1ck
cenaris
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:55 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Damien Darkside wrote:Yeah, any orders or suggestions are totally ignored. Especially when you point out landmarks.

Are you waiting for Reach? That game will totally help with this. Instead of trying to explain to your friend that your at the Warthog at the other side of the map, it tells you where on the map you are with names, so you can just say the name of the place.

27We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:46 am

Xenathos

Xenathos

Most people I see that use mics are just stupid brittish childs that are WAAAY to young to buy the game... I do have a mic but I rarely use it.

https://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

28We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:10 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:
Damien Darkside wrote:Yeah, any orders or suggestions are totally ignored. Especially when you point out landmarks.

Are you waiting for Reach? That game will totally help with this. Instead of trying to explain to your friend that your at the Warthog at the other side of the map, it tells you where on the map you are with names, so you can just say the name of the place.

Ever since I bought CoD, Borderlands and Bioshock, Halo just seems too, ancient and used up. Nothing is new, and Reach now has classes. I played a bit of it, I'd rather stick with the better FPSs out there.

Though I will buy it for the campaign. I love the Halo universe, the multiplayer just sucks.

29We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:20 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

Microsoft presentation made me sad.

30We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:29 pm

MicasR

MicasR

I've realised in recent months that my gaming has decreased by over 500%, I now use Ubuntu where in the past I would only have dreamed about it and I have less and less interest in games as the time goes on... maybe... maybe I'm maturing !!! Shocked

31We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

What do I love about Oblivion? I keep finding new things.

I just found a scroll in the Skingrad home above the stairs in your room (you have to jump on the shelves.) leading to a cache.

Also, I found a Spectre Mud Crab in Paradise, it had a Claymore of Destruction on it's person. It was tough to beat.

32We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:37 pm

Damn I need to try Oblivion soon... hmm... Morrowind is on sale on Steam, anyone tried that?

33We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:30 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

Morrowind is the game before Oblivion, a lot of people are split between the two.

34We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:43 pm

I see... well, the discount is over and I think I'll just go right for Oblivion cause it's the game I've heard most praise about.

35We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:12 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Whats the plot? What kind of game is it?

36We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:33 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

It is an action RPG FPP... a comparison that which people compare a couple of games it this:

"Oblivion is Fallout 3 without the guns" (without VATS)
"Fallout 3 is oblivion with guns" (with VATS)

Apart from that Oblivion has a bigger map, more areas, custom weapons (such as enchanting a Steel Longsowrd with fire damage), custom spells within spell schools (although the ability has to be unlocked , you can buy spells within stores), loads of enemies, a decent combat system and so many goddamn quests that you wondered how they fit it all on a disc.

Seriously. I've clocked over 200 hours with over a dozen characters and I am STILL finding new things. I have all the achievement yet I am STILL playing it because it is so much fun.

As for the story, you will find that you will be doing so much other things that you might not even touch it until you are level 20+, there is no time limit and Bestheda encourages exploring. You can be doing the main quest and see a cave and go "Fuck it, I'm killing everything inside and looting it." and 90% of the time there is a good chest at the end with decent levelled equipment.

Plus all the factions have their own stories to them. Dark Brotherhood (Assassin), Thieves guild, Fighter's Guild, Mage's Guild, Main Story, Shivering Isles (comes with the Game Of The Year Edition), Knights of the Nine (Comes with GOTY Edition) and everything else.

Levelling up is not raised by experience, but by a modified Final Fantasy 2 system. The more you use a skill, the better you get at it. You choose 7 (or Cool main skills and every time you level ten of them you rest then level up (any combination, so you can level Alchemy 10 times and level up or level all the main skills, two twice and level up). You get bonuses to your stats on level-up depending on what you developed (up to +5, but you can play the whole game with +2 and still have a great character).

37We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:50 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

sounds cool!

38We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:39 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

OH THE PLOT LOL

Basically, the Emporer is assassinated along with his sons and you are sent to find the illegitimate heir so he can light the Dragonfires to stop the world of Oblivion from taking over Cyrodil.

I didn't spoil anything, that is pretty much what it says in the first 20 mins. However the next 50 hours of your life will be doing everything but the main quest.

39We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:56 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

hahaha

40We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

The Emporer's son Martin is voiced by Sean Bean, noted as Boromir form LOTR

41We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Pietja

I personally don't know anyone that have major "but's" towards Oblivion when they've played Morrowind first.
For a newbie to TES lore Oblivion will be a good/great game. But to someone who played Morrowind, not to mention Daggerfall the game feels like it's a step back in meanings of plot and immersity in favour of visuals & casual gamer experience.

And there was some about faces in Oblivion and in F3... check out Vampire - The Masquerade : Bloodlines (if you haven't) and see faces in that game. Despite it's older, the mimics and looks are ten times better. Not to mention the whole game was even more immersive than Morrowind. Very Happy

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

42We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:16 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

A stepback? Sounds like the same argument a Fallout fan has from Fallout 1-2 into Fallout 3.

Each game has it's thing, I'm torrenting Morrowind now and I'll see for myself. I'm not bracing for epic.

Although that vamp chick is hot.

43We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Pietja

I don't think F3 was a step back because it was completly different game. Not worthy bearing Fallout franchise name, IMO.

If you're looking for a great graphics in Morrowind or smooth gameplay like in Morrowind you'll be dissapointed. Brace yourself for lots of walking through deserted lands. Very Happy

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

44We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:37 pm

not_cenaris

not_cenaris

No E3 conversation? Strange.

http://kino-govno.com/comments/26530

45We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:33 pm

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

Guise

Hay guise

Listen

Guess what conversation I just had with an Alchemist in Skingrad? (in the Alchemy shop)

"I'm the only alchemist in Skingrad. Not much business here, but I can't go back to Morrowind. It's just like anywhere else in the Empire. By the way... do you happen to know what the fine is here in Cyrodiil for necrophilia? Just asking."

>"Is it the first offence?"

"Let's assume 'no'."

>"Then it's at least 500 gold."

"That's nothing compared to Morrowind. Thanks."

46We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:35 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Damien Darkside wrote:
BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:

Ever since I bought CoD, Borderlands and Bioshock, Halo just seems too, ancient and used up. Nothing is new, and Reach now has classes. I played a bit of it, I'd rather stick with the better FPSs out there.

Though I will buy it for the campaign. I love the Halo universe, the multiplayer just sucks.

I'm getting it for the Forge

47We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:18 am

Damien Darkside

Damien Darkside

You know what heppens with forge? People try to re-create other games with it.

Srsly I had a few "L4D" and "Doom" maps or something.

48We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:39 pm

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

Damien Darkside wrote:You know what heppens with forge? People try to re-create other games with it.

Srsly I had a few "L4D" and "Doom" maps or something.

Thank gawd neither me nor friends do that

49We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:03 am

Frist

Frist

Scott Pilgrim comes out on PSN in just a few hours @_@.

50We are gamers! - Page 2 Empty Re: We are gamers! Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:17 pm

The Doctor

The Doctor

Has anybody said about Batman Arkham City coming out next year. If the first one is anything to go by.... (I'm now playing my bazillith time through it.)....the next one is going to be breath taking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next