Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forum Fight: Unbroken

+4
KaZe
stephanodude
GoldenDragon
Lazarus Firenze
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 11:15 am

Nikolai

Nikolai

{Computer Brain: 42}
---
Assimilation at : 38%

"Good, Good..."

---
-[ERROR DETECTED]-[Out Of Resources : Calculating Solution]
---
---
-[SOLUTION VERIFIED]-[Collector Drones Dispatched]
---
---
-[POSTPONE COMMAND]-[Continue Working On Project DREADNOUGHT, Different Constructable Segment Now In Progress]
-*****************************-
-Dual Assimilation at : 5% // 39% Over All
---
-[ESTIMATED COMPLETION TIME FOR SECOND SEGMENT]-[** Hours]

http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

77Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 1:06 pm

GoldenDragon

[GD walks into the war room of the venom squad HQ, where the general is standing with her back to a map diplay]

"You wanted to see me ma'am?"

"Yes, I did. I have a new mission for you and your team, another recovery mission"

"What's the target?"

"Can't say for certain, but yesterday one of our satellites picked up some strange radiation emissions coming from the most heavily built up area of the city shown on this map. From what we've gathered from scattered radio transmissions coming from that area, it's called "Chicago" Anyways, we've pinpointed the location of where the radiation emissions are coming from, a small 1 storey building near the waterfront. Close up images of the building show a small hole in the roof, so that probably means whatever we're looking for is extraterrestrial in origin.

"Shouldn't be too hard to find"

"Indeed. Now, this city has a population of 2,853,114 people, so getting in and out undetected is of the utmost importance, as well as preventing any collateral damage if things go south during the mission. Also, the entire imperial army is at your fingertips if you need them, is that understood?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Excellent, and good luck."

[GD walks out of the war room and is soon again packed inside the interior of a stealth VTOL, headed for Chicago, Illinois. Several hours later, the VTOL drops them off on the roof of a small warehouse a few miles away from the target, and then lifts off into the grey overcast sky]

"Joker, sitrep. Were we spotted coming in?"

*Negative sir, but i'm getting some strange radio signals coming from something, all I could pick out through the jumbled mess was "SCP" and "recover"*

"Not good, we'll have to pick up the pace then. GD out"
"Alright you three, let's move out, fast and quiet!"
[GD and his squad rappel down the side of the warehouse, making sure that none of the civilians going about their daily lives on the opposite side of the warehouse can see them, and then make their way towards their destination at a brisk pace]

78Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Triskelli

Triskelli

Okay, let me catch up with the new situation.

[The temple-raid was a bust even before Lazarus and his team began their assault. Murphy had "improvised" an exit, which led into the subway system beneath Chicago. In an attempt to salvage what was left of this expedition, Triskelli set up a small millitary hub in the middle of this dense metropolitan area. With a stockpile of all manner of metaphysical weapons and armor the "base" seemed secure enough to allow it a degree of autonomy.

That was two weeks ago. Triskelli hadn't been around for awhile, and the automotons' safety protocols were becoming a little more lax.]

"Whats up, Jenkins?"
"Oh, just looking at the latest issue of S.C.P. Already skimmed through it, but now I'll read it cover to cover"
"Is that canister of phlogiston supposed to be opened like that?"
"So what if it isn't? I'll have it ship-shape next time the boss pops in."

79Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

---
-Dual Assimilation at : 89% // 40%
-[STATUS UPDATE]-[Resources Collected]
---
-[CONTINUING PRIMARY ASSIMILATION]-[Concluding Secondary Assimilation]
---
-[ALERT]-[Energy Block 7 Going Critical]-[Recommended Mobil Computer Brain CLICK Reports To Location]

"S#IT! WARE THE HE77 IS CLICK!?"

80Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Lazarus Firenze

Lazarus Firenze

[Firenze kicked the robots head out of the way, the 75cal sniper round had blown a hole the size of his fist through the metal casing. The tag on the wreckage said 'Click'. A call came through the teams radio]

'Weve detected a unidentified VTOL heading towards Chicago. Pursue and investagate. The local law enforcment know your coming and will clear the airways. A Dragon dropship is enroute with an armoury.'

Got it. Team, were outta here. Re arm on the way. Go go!

81Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 3:54 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

***Lazarus Firenze wants to be like that, eh. Very well***

---
Assimilation at : 100%
-[\UBER UNIT COMPLETE/]-[Supreme Nuclear Dreadnought Completed]
---
-[CYBER DOWNLOADS COMPLETE]-
-[TESLA PARTICLE SHIELD AT 100%]-
-[PARTICLE RAIL GUN CHARGED TO 100%]
-[NUCLEAR LAST RESORT BLAST AT 100% ACTIVE]
---
-[WIPING OUT "Lazarus Firenze"]-[In Progress]

(Nikolai)
"You believe you can destroy Click co easily? That means your army is but a pea compared to my Dreadnought."
"You were not even engaged in the scrape I and Triskelli were involved in."
"PREPARE TO BE WIPED OUT YOU INTERFERING FOOL!"

"Dreadnought! Attack command "Zeta", Blow him out of the Catacombs!"

(The RailGun on the back of the Quadwalker Dreadnought began to glow. Suddenly a beam of energy cut straight through the underground catacombs to Clicks last location. Burning everything in its path, turning the walls of the rock to nothing but glass. Many Lazarus Firenze's troops were wiped out. Nothing was left of Lazarus Firenze in the Caves...But he is still beleaved to be alive, but he is no longer in the Catacombs under Chicago.)

{Supreme Nuclear Dreadnought}
>RailGun Energy at 0%
>Recharge Rate Progress: Next Full Charge Shot Can Be Made In 72 Hours (If Gun Continues Its Charge With No Fire From Artillery)

(Nikolai) "Now to retrieve what I can of Click and attempt to rebuild him."

82Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 4:24 pm

Triskelli

Triskelli

[OOC:] We can rebuild him. We have the technology. Smile

83Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

Triskelli wrote:[OOC:] We can rebuild him. We have the technology. Smile

Hahaha! Nice one Triskit

84Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Triskelli

Triskelli

Nikolai wrote:Hahaha! Nice one Triskit

Aw man, even when I try to be cool, I'm still a cracker =[

85Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 4:48 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

86Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 5:00 pm

GoldenDragon

[GD and his squad are halfway to the destination. As they go through an alleyway, GD hears the sound of a small rotorcraft heading in their direction]
"Do you hear that?"

"Yeah, it's getting closer"
[Suddenly a small jet black UAV hovers into view and past GD and his men, seemingly unaware of thir presence. The letters S.C.P. are stenciled in grey on the UAV's body]
"Whatever that was, it looked like it was coming from the direction of our recovery target. We have to get there faster"
*Sir you have to hear this, I just broke through the interference of that transmission I heard earlier. Sounds like you aren't the only one looking for this thing*
"Play it back for me Joker"
*Roger that sir*
[The radio crackles for a moment, and then a stern, male voice starts to speak through GD's radio]
*SCP-435 has been located, repeat, it has been located. SCP Recovery team Alpha 4 is ene route, ETA 30 minutes. Local police will cordon off the area surrounding the landing site and inform civilians that this is a hostage rescue exercise*

"Damn it, okay guys let's get to the object at best speed, double time!"

[GD and his squad break out in a run, hoping to get to the object before the SCP team does]

87Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

^Radio Mores-code Transmition To Triskelli^
"Though we are not on the same side we may have a common enemy. Should we need to band together for a time of great demise, Can I count on you to be at my side?" "But until that day arises, we are still Foes."
^End of Transmition^

88Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Triskelli

Triskelli

[OOC: eh, robots always catch a tough break. Good thing my troops are tougher than the standard issue battle-droid]

"Uh-oh"

Lieutenant Adams was taken his turn at sentry duty on the roof with Sargent Cole when he saw the UAV. He had been tasked with running this new installation since Triskelli had left. The last two weeks had been rather uneventful; the warehouse was "hidden" in Chicago's old industrial park, shut when carbon control policies had really cracked down. All they really had to worry about was the occasional vandal or vagrant who they could scare off easily enough. Even if there had been an encounter with the local authorities, the force of 27 odd automatons and a warehouse full of goodies could have held them off long enough to make a speedy retreat. Even with all the arms and armament, he estimated they could clear out in about an hour, long enough to avoid any major reinforcements the locals could muster.

That was, unless someone knew about them ahead of time, which the UAV seemed to indicate.

"Sargent Cole, did you see that craft?"
"The what?"
"Plane. Small and grey. Didn't look like it was headed for the O'Hare."
"You're bein' paranoid, per usual."
"..."

Adams debated what to do. It was his job to make decisions with the boss gone. As such, he felt more than boiler pressure being put on him.

"Cole, go down and prepare an evac. I've got a bad feeling about my sprockets about that plane. I want everyone on high alert. Rifles at the ready. Shoot any enemy with a weapon. Set up the gatlings, too."

Cole vented some steam in frustration. Now they actually had to do stuff. Crap.
"Pssht. I'll tell the boys. But the oil'l be on yer face when nothin happens."
"I understand"
"And if we start moving stuff back through the portal, the boss'll be pissed. He'll be here asking what's got your gears in a grind."
"...I understand. But I am your superior officer right now and I give the commands. Do you understand?"
"Yeah, blimey, just tryin' ta give ya a second opinion is all."

@Nikolai
[Sure, I could use all the help I can get. Just make a cool, independant enterance ok?]

89Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 5:55 pm

GoldenDragon

[GD spots the warehouse a little ways off a few minutes later]
"Alright, since we're going to have some unfriendly visitors, I want you Bal to take your M82 and find a good sniper roost that has a clear view of the warehouse. When I give the signal I want you to fire on a target that is bound to make the biggest noise pssible. The rest of you, hide up in the rafters so whoever shows up thinks i'm alone. Don't open fire until I give the signal, understand?"

"Got it boss"

[Balih runs off, M82 in hand. Eventually, GD and his squad make it to the warehouse. Inside, it is dark, stuffy, and devoid of light save for the sunlight shining through the skylights, the hole in the ceiling, and warehouse doors]

*Sir? I'm 2 kilometres west of you, on top of an apartment building awaiting your command*

"Excellent. Remember, biggest noise possible, I want a distraction if things go south"

*Got it boss*

[The sound of sirens in the distance start to grow louder as the police approach]

"And not a moment too soon, you two, on the rafters now!"

[GD's two squadmates holster their weapons and climb up to the ceiling rafters and out of sight, just as about a dozen police cruisers screech to a halt outside the warehouse]

"Okay, now where is this thing that we came to look for?"

90Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

(Suddenly, bursting out of the ground, under the warehouse, Nikolai rises up on the hull of the Dreadnought. Stepping over the troops of GD, it destroys the warehouse. Completely unaware of the people below. Fortunate enough though The Dreadnought's Particle Shields were still fully charged ready to absorb any projectiles to come in contact with the shell of the Huge Walking Machine.)

91Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 6:45 pm

GoldenDragon

Nikolai wrote:(Suddenly, bursting out of the ground, under the warehouse, Nikolai rises up on the hull of the Dreadnought. Stepping over the troops of GD, it destroys the warehouse. Completely unaware of the people below. Fortunate enough though The Dreadnought's Particle Shields were still fully charged ready to absorb any projectiles to come in contact with the shell of the Huge Walking Machine.)

(Now that ain't fair. Evil or Very Mad)

[As GD is wandering around the warehouse looking for the object, outside the police cordon of the area with warning tape. Soon after, two large black armored cars drive in, led by a black unmarked Dodge Charger. An unmarked matte black UH-60 swoops in, and several heavily armed soldiers rappel out, smashing open a skylight and descend through, surrounding GD. more soldiers take up position outside the warehouse. As this is happening, a suit-wearing man climbs out of the charger and assesses the situation. A soldier points his assault rifle at GD]

"SCP! DROP YOUR WEAPON NOW!"

"Okay okay, no need to be violent"

"Keep your hands where I can see em' maggot"

[GD does as the soldier says. AS he does this, he twitches his left pinkie finger which activates a small one tone signal brodcast to all the members of his squad, the signal to open fire. Once Balih hears the signal, she sets her sights on the target, the pilot of the Blackhawk, and opens fire. The pilot's head disappears in a puff of crimson mist, and the chopper spirals out of control and into a building, where it explodes in a brilliant fireball]

"What the fu-"

[Before the trooper can react, all the members of his team are brought down by a hail of bullets coming from GDs squadmates, who are hidden in the darkness. GD snatches up his weapon and fires a burst into the soldier's chest at point blank]

"So much for stealth. Ah, here it is"

[GD walks up to and picks up rock that until now was sitting on the warehouse floor, unoticed. The rock has a strange pattern of crystals inlaid inside it. He places it inside an ammo pouch for safe keeping]

"Alright everyone, we need to get out of here before reinforcements show up. Joker, we could use a pickup"

*Negative captain, the area around you is too hot, I'll pick you up at an open field a few clicks away from your current location, over*

"Roger that, we'll get there ASAP, hopefully we won't run into any trouble on the way. Over"

92Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 7:07 pm

Triskelli

Triskelli

"Well, Adams, looks like you were right. Pssht." Cole let out another puff of steam. "'s just a shame all that excitement is going on at the wrong warehouse", pointing at the once-storage building 10 blocks away that was currently replaced by a massive quadripedal robot. As it lifted a mighty leg, one of the police cars that arrived on the scene went flying through the air.

"Ooh, I don't think officer O'Malley will be home in time for supper!"

Lt. Adams stared grimly at the scene. He knew the Tinker was piloting that machine, the one that had almost gotten the upper-hand on Triskelli.

"This is no time for levity, Cole. We've only just gotten the sensitive materials out of OUR warehouse, and I'm not so sure how long the battle will remain over THERE. Besides, we're still waiting for word back from-"

"-me?" Triskelli stepped up behind his commanders to view the carnage. A VTOL had joined the fray and opened fire on the behemoth.

"That's Nikolai over there, isn't it? He's been busy... Lieutenant, Sargent! Assist with the removal of all classified materials. I'll take one of the spiders and draw attention from this facility."

As automota ran back and forth carrying crates of strange devices, Triskelli hopped into one of his specially designed steam-spiders. Armed with a tow cable and two cannons, it was far from the most powerful vehicle in his arsenal. But none on the scale of the walker that was rampaging through the city.

"That Nikolai is one tricky customer. Let's see if I can get him working for me."

@GD
I beg to differ. Nikolai had already set up the "dreadnought" and used it against Lazarus's troops. It seems you're just selectively ignoring the story twists that don't suit you.

93Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 7:20 pm

GoldenDragon

Triskelli wrote:
@GD
I beg to differ. Nikolai had already set up the "dreadnought" and used it against Lazarus's troops. It seems you're just selectively ignoring the story twists that don't suit you.

Lazarus Firenze wrote:
1. No Insane fleets .etc. <-- This is the rule you should be looking at
2. You are only allowed weapons that are used today or from the past
3. No 'squads'
4. Each encounter with another player does not mean you say you win, the winner is decided by me and GD as Games Masters <-- This one too
5. Yes, I will let you call in airstrikes.

94Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 7:23 pm

Triskelli

Triskelli

You've still ignored my plot thread, and the massive military instalation I had.

95Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 7:24 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

*OOC- That puts Way to much power in you two's hands... if you guys are the Gamemasters, you can not take part in the fight... because then you guys can say anything you want and kill anyone you want... like Lazarus did to Click without even giving me a chance to say how Click fights back and so on and so forth.

96Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 7:26 pm

Triskelli

Triskelli

Well, to GD's credit there weren't supposed to be squads... a rule he promptly ignored =p

97Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Nikolai

Nikolai

And besides, my Avatar is an Inventor, an Engineer. Not all of his inventions are full proof. Also, my avatar uses Technology as his army and forces. He has no "human" troops or followers. So he compensates for it by using his high IQ and Knowledge of technology. He is a One man Army... with the help of his toys...that still find a way to go wrong.

98Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Sun May 02, 2010 7:40 pm

GoldenDragon

Triskelli wrote:Well, to GD's credit there weren't supposed to be squads... a rule he promptly ignored =p

If you read the first page I said "small squads are fine" small being 4 members max, including yourself. It's not like I have 9001 squad members anyway, so I don't see what's the big deal. Anyways i'm sorry if I skipped your post, got carried away. :C

[GD and his teammates make their way down the street as the warehouse behind them is smashed into smithereens by the giant robot, until they come across a staircase that leads to a metro station. the stairs are blocked with a sign that reads "closed for general maitinence, authorized personnel only!]

"As luck may have it, we are authorized"

[Gd's squad make their way down the stairs to the platform, which is eerily quiet and devoid of activity]

"Strange, you'd think there should be people here. Keep your guard up, no telling what's in store for us down here."

99Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Mon May 03, 2010 5:09 am

26_9

Well...

26_994 tries to make somthing like a difficult coppercoil system.
*click!*
*vzzzzz....*

- Aaaaaahhhhh!!! Black hole!!!
(26_994 gets inside ... and falls ... into a place with oxygen.Game over,because there is no way back.
Meanwhile,black hole grows...grows...and grows...)

100Forum Fight: Unbroken - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum Fight: Unbroken Mon May 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Lazarus Firenze

Lazarus Firenze

Nikolai, in defence did I say he was dead? I kicked the body out of the way sure, but I thought it destroyed. Meh...

[Respawns as Spartan 3 with DMR, Assualt Rifle and Stalker kit outside the warehouse.]

Hmm. Fits well.

[cloaks and moves off to the sound of gunshots.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum