Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What shifts you smoothly?

+35
not_cenaris
Haventownsend
scienceguy8
Drunkenvalley
Inakan
Nikolai
Ganthan
Damien Darkside
MicasR
BeDaOrLiSeAr
p1x13st1ck
Zumbo Prime
Blacklite
rpx
Haskins
Frist
cammyjag
Rad
GoldenDragon
Trevon Fox
Winds
Xenathos
Leak
cenaris
5c4rl37
mariachidevil
Paranoid
xivk
MadxHatter123
Pandora
26_9
Smelge
Lazarus Firenze
Zaran
Pietja
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 15]

201What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Pietja

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/hussars.html - oh my god, article about hussars cracked me up. So effin' funny (although in many places, not very accurate).

Some quotes :

"Mustafa was rewarded for his heroism by having his head chopped off and delivered to the Sultan in a velvet bag, but what can you do - there's just no pleasing Sultans sometimes, especially when you've just let three thousand Polish Hussars completely rout a force roughly a hundred times larger than them."

"Amazingly, that wasn't even the most impressive shit this mobile last stand accomplished in its proud heritage as the Commonwealth's premier exporter of busted-up faces."

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

202What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Pietja

I've just finished watching all episodes of Toradora! and that's what shifting me smoothly.

203What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sun May 02, 2010 4:23 am

Pietja

Today I was witness of one of the most awesomely cute scenes in my life.

I was coming back home from a grocery with some stuff for dinner. It was raining. Near my flat I saw a little girl in a pink raincoat squatting down over something near the edge of the pavement. So I leaned a little to the left to see what she was actually looking at with such an interest, but I saw nothing. I stopped and looked more carefuly. Nothing. So I squatted near her and still seing nothing interesting I asked her what is she looking at.

"Rainworm" she replied.

So I looked again and I saw a decent-sized rainworm wriggling in the mud. Nearly unnoticable. He was aiming towards the pavement.

"They always cross the pavements when it's raining, right?" I said.

"Yeah, I guess" I replied "But most of them won't survive their march."

She looked at me with a serious face and noded.

"Then I'll keep an eye on him" she said.

I smiled, told her to keep up the good work and went home.

Back in my ap, when I unloaded all of my groceries I realized that forgot to buy butter wich I intented to use for dinner. So I've made myself a hot tea, checked my emails and went off back to the store.

Going the same route I saw the very same girl still squatting over a rainworm that almost crossed the damned pavement. She was keeping him safe from all of the pedestrians. I squatted near her.

"How's the work?" I asked.

"Good" she replied.

"You know, worms have to go to the surface because their tunnels are being flooded by rainwater" I explained "But they have to be close to the earth, otherwise they won't survive as they need to eat almost constatnly"

"So why are they going out onto the pavement if they'll die?" she asked me a top-spot question.

"I have no idea" I replied not knowing the anwser.

She looked again at the rainworm and picked the slimy being up.

"So I'll help him" she replied.

She stood up with the rainworm in her hands, crossed the pavement, the street and the other pavement on the other side and she put down the worm on the ground across it. For a while she looked at the annelid and then with a bright smile she came back to me.

"He'll be allright, right?" she asked.

"Yep, he'll be fine" I replied with a banana smile on my face.

"That's great" she said and waved goodbye.

I did the same and went to the store. I was all gleeful because of the whole scene. I mean, how awesome is that, seeing a kid in these times that is so caring over a worm when it's raining? I'd squish the damned rainworm when I was a little 'un. I see a kids playing soccer under my window and other stuff and they're cussing, they're agressive and churlish.

I wish to adopt that kid Very Happy.

204What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Tue May 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Pandora

Pandora

I GOT INTO ROMEO AND JULIET!

I didn't get Tybalt like I wanted, the role was given to an older, more experienced program graduate, however, I've been given the role of Gregory, I'm also a member of the Capulet gang.

For those of you who don't know who Gregory is, he is a Capulet. He and Samson open the play. They are two Capulets that talk about how tough they are, and what they would do to the Montagues, until two Montagues ACTUALLY come before them, and they start the first fight of the play.

205What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri May 07, 2010 3:56 pm

p1x13st1ck

p1x13st1ck

A little Bob Marley and a nice countryside drive

206What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri May 07, 2010 4:49 pm

Pietja

I love discussions. Both IRL and online. Fierce, calm, whatever. They shift me smoothly.
Also, I love negotiations, bargaging. I sold two games for Xbox 360 (Bioshock & Dragon Age : Origins) for about 30% more than I assumed at first. After a hour-long online chat. The buyer is satisfied, but tired of arguing. I just love when they pull out their white flag Twisted Evil.
Well, 30% off a Xblox game is not much but still enough for a strip club ticket & glass of scotch Very Happy

207What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri May 07, 2010 10:09 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Getting to dye my hair red. Woot!

208What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Tue May 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Pietja

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rhtn6R9eJM&feature=related - Hugh Jackman on Japanese Game show doing a Wolverine impression Very Happy.

Cracked me up Very Happy.

209What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Tue May 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Doing such a good job with my performance in 'Night Mother, I made the director, the director's parents, and the director's younger brother cry.

Woot. My acting skills are the shit. Wink

210What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Thu May 13, 2010 3:22 pm

Pietja

I took out my trash and while outside a strong, beautiful (as always) syringa (or lilac) scent striked me so badly, that I couldn't stand and I just had to pick some of them. And now they're standing next to me and spread a scent like no other. The scent of love Very Happy.

What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Syringa11

211What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Wed May 19, 2010 9:22 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Dante bought me some lovely gifts. A cute little hat that looks like a cupcake and a wolfman purse that matches my wolfman shoes.

212What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Thu May 20, 2010 4:52 am

Pietja

This :

What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Reddeadj

And I've got a DLC card - a War Horse. When I picked up at the game store and I drew the pre-order bonus car, the owner of the locale asked me what I've got and when he saw the War Horse sing he told me it's one of the best DLC's I could get Very Happy.

Guess I'll be gone for a weekend with this one Very Happy.

213What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sat May 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Pandora

Pandora

DANTE PROPOSED!!!!

214What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sun May 23, 2010 7:58 am

Pietja

Pandora wrote:DANTE PROPOSED!!!!

Congrats, I guess.

What was your reply if I may ask?

And if it was yes : am I invited for your wedding? Very Happy

215What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sun May 23, 2010 9:50 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

i enjoy just drawing

216What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sun May 23, 2010 9:55 am

MicasR

MicasR

It just amazes me how unprepared I feel about tomorrows exam and yet I know that once I sit down and write it it will be a breeze... or is that just maths?

217What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Sun May 23, 2010 10:19 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Well, to answer your question, Peitja, of course I said YES.

And you stay away from my wedding. I know you'd be hitting on my bridesmaids, and they would be the kind to break your nose.

218What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Mon May 24, 2010 3:06 am

Pietja

Aww... and I've already booked a plane ticket... Sad

But then again USA still requires from us (polish citizens) to obtain hard-to-get visa. The star spangled banner country policy towards our tourist haven't changed since the 80's when my folk emigrated to States for bread & dollar.

And what kind of girl breaks a nose of a charming guy like me? Such a terrible thing to say about your friends. Cool

Ok., jokes aside, once congratulations to both of you.

219What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Wed May 26, 2010 8:22 am

Pandora

Pandora

Thanks man. I'm so excited. My last name is going to be Charlton now. I'll belong to a family that actually has a decent history.

220What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:47 am

MicasR

MicasR

The world cup! Just a few more hours before Bafana bafana kicks Mexico's ass! And a few more hours before the party of the century! I need to get my vuvuzela and my SA flag! This is going to be an awesome vacation!

221What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:53 am

Pietja

You have world cup this year in RPA, we'll have UEFA European Football Championship in 2012 in Poland.

I'm not much of a fan of football, but all those foreigners comming to watch the matches smell like... occasion.

And I hope we'll get some UK hoolies. Police won't do nothing at all when they'll get beat up (or if our hoolies will get beaten up) so I'm counting for some fun times and broken bones. Twisted Evil

222What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:58 am

MicasR

MicasR

Pietja wrote:You have world cup this year in RPA, we'll have UEFA European Football Championship in 2012 in Poland.

I'm not much of a fan of football, but all those foreigners comming to watch the matches smell like... occasion.

And I hope we'll get some UK hoolies. Police won't do nothing at all when they'll get beat up (or if our hoolies will get beaten up) so I'm counting for some fun times and broken bones. Twisted Evil

Our soccer supporters make bad hooligans, good stampedes, but very bad hooligans xD We arrested a few Argentines yesterday, the British also arrested a few of theirs, so all we have left are those people who will be driven mad by the Vuvuzela! xD xD

223What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:07 am

BeDaOrLiSeAr

BeDaOrLiSeAr

soccer and tennis....dang, i love them so much

224What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:53 pm

MicasR

MicasR

FUCKING SWEET!!!!

Not the victory we wanted, but in our harts we won 1-1. Take that Mexico! We are going to win! I can't remember when the last time it was when the national anthem sounded so good!
Nkosi sikelel' iAfrika!!

Keep up the good work Bafana bafana! I don't want to scream for anyone else!!

*explodes from excitement*

225What shifts you smoothly? - Page 9 Empty Re: What shifts you smoothly? Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:52 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Exceeding my required sales goal by $1,221.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum