Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

What grinds your gears?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 26 of 29]

626 Re: What grinds your gears? on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:42 pm



Greatest Prank Nintendo has done.

(c) to Dorkley.com

What grinds my gears, is that I assumed to quickly, after learning that they clocked the WiiU to run as an Xbox/Ps3 system, then clocked it to the actual hardware specs and everyone was blown away by the quality.

I really is mad at myself, because this makes it the 4th time I underestimated Nintendo.

View user profile http://midniterun.webs.com/

627 Re: What grinds your gears? on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:35 am

Haventownsend wrote:
BeDaOrLiSeAr wrote:Bungie/Microsoft.

At E3, they announced Halo 4, as well as a remake of Halo: Combat Evolved. I expect them to mess up Halo 4, but if they do anything other than a graphics boost to the Halo CE remake, I will thoroughly be pissed.

You do know your half right, Halo: Reach was the last Halo game for Bungie. 343 Studios took over, and I hope like Halo:CE for PC it has a over the shoulder camera option. Just switching from FPS to TPS was just so awesome. Especially when carrying that damn flag, watch it wave.

Thank god its not Bungie (I still hate them). Wait, did you say its called 2343 Studios?1 Laughing Is it still Microsoft? I can still hold Halo Wars against them for how it contradicted the Halo universe as much as Halo: Reach

View user profile

628 Re: What grinds your gears? on Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:31 pm

343 Studios is a branch of M$, they have YET to release any games. They are making the Second trilogy of Halo, with 4-6.

Halo Wars is Microsoft's answer to Starcraft 2. Blame M$. I don't think Bungie even wanted to make it.

View user profile http://midniterun.webs.com/

629 Re: What grinds your gears? on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:19 pm

Working as a bartender, even for a relatively short peroid, taught me quite a few things about our nature. It may sound like it was taken from a natural geographic channel(although it wasn't about wolves or lions), but indeed you can learn a thing or two about how people view eachother from the other side of the bar.

Yesterday I had an evening party, which means I came back today at seven in the morning - that's the deal with working in this buisness. The weding itself was succesfull, the young couple was more than happy as they've arranged a sort of an afterparty next week(and I'll be on it) in our restaurant. And the groom was working for 15 years in the gastronomical branch, so we could call it a success.
Nevertheless, there was this one woman, pretty chubby, but still, in my standards, attractive. She got a realy nice face, the kind that just invites you for a conversation and, well, something more. But, she was indeed chubby, which isn't quite wanted by today standards. Truth was told.
She sat down at the bar, and striked up a conversation, which I had to uphold as a bartender - and I enjoy pretty much every conversation, if it's not a critical one about my begginner skills - and I had at least two of those. She talked, in most cases, about the bridesmaid, which was, for the lack of better words - GODDAMNED HOT. And she underlined that fact, at first, with a decent ammount of awe, but then, when she asked me for my opinion about her(tip : never ask a bartendter for an honest opinion, because, in most cases, he'll play along your point of view), so, reading her true intentions I made a mild commentary about the bridesmaid bottoxed lips(she indeed had something injected in her lips). And then, a hell started. Her initial awe for the bridesmaid turned into pure, verbal flow of jade. Ton's of commentaries about how much of a tramp she looks, no respect despite the fact that she was the only person around with a child which she took care of.
And then, after that flow ended, a string of grumbling about how unatractive her own self was started. From one second to another my initial liking faded.

It was no wonder that nobody, literally nobody danced with that woman - and there were more man than women on the wedding. All in all, despite chubbiness, she was nice looking, pretty attractive person. But as soon as she started talking, all the charm was lost.

It was just one example, the most vibrant one, but I've seen many chubby, fat to obese women which could be only described as a jade buckets. What's up with that? I bet they realize their aesthetic drawbacks, but instead trying to act above that, with their personalities, they decide to act like vipers. It's not helping them and it makes them even more miserable.

It may sound harsh, but that's the way it is - you either go with the flow or get drown in it. Seems like they can't realize that.

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

630 Re: What grinds your gears? on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:25 am

What grinds my gears right now? The fact that 2 different mental analizing organisations put me in 2 different classes.

The first one got information about me from my first school and there they were: It's normal that he is like that. They did nothing about the bullying.

The first organisation put me in the section: Post Tramatic Stress Disorder.

The second organisation was hired 2 months ago. Got information about me from my current school.

This organisation says I'm having Aspergers Syndrome.

I think the second is correct. But it took 17 years and 11 months to get to know it.

Kudos to my parents for raising me up like that. In any other familly/ enviroment it would be diagnosed around age of 10.

Its a complete chaos in my head. I'm reliefed, hyperactive, more myself then ever.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

631 Re: What grinds your gears? on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:42 am

Haventownsend wrote:343 Studios is a branch of M$, they have YET to release any games. They are making the Second trilogy of Halo, with 4-6.

Halo Wars is Microsoft's answer to Starcraft 2. Blame M$. I don't think Bungie even wanted to make it.

Atleast Halo Wars was Ensembles last game

View user profile

632 Re: What grinds your gears? on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Minecraft server plugins. Never got the hang of them. Now im forced into getting the hang of them by having the responcibility of a whole server on my shoulders.

Ill manage. But not from my cellphone here.

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

633 Re: What grinds your gears? on Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:08 pm

Younger women.

Guys, don't date them. Just don't.
Especially when you're in your early 20's.
They're batshieet insane, picky wenches, pointing at every "fault" you've made or that you are.
Seriously, this girl I've got is awful when it comes to freedom. I have none. Constant invigilance,
HUNDREDS of calls asking about what I'm doing or where am I at...

Today, I had a salty talk with my current one, while I was with my friends, drinking.
She made the hell of two factors - that I was with my friends instead of being with her and about drinking itself.

Damn, girl, you're not yet in your 20's, so STFU. That's in shortcut, what I've said to her. But still, she arranged a talk with me during the monday about my behaviour.

Women. Younger women, especially. Can't live without them, hard to live with them.
Eughhhh.

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

634 Re: What grinds your gears? on Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:58 pm

Pietja wrote:Younger women. (...etc)

Haha, That has to be the best I have heard on this Topic, Ever. tongue

But, Sorry to hear. Hope things go well.

View user profile http://nikolai-bartolf.deviantart.com/

635 Re: What grinds your gears? on Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:21 am

What grinds my gears?

Not having a Gauss Rifle with a Terran Marine suit :/

View user profile

636 Re: What grinds your gears? on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:34 am

Pietja wrote:Seriously, this girl I've got is awful when it comes to freedom. I have none. Constant invigilance,
HUNDREDS of calls asking about what I'm doing or where am I at...


Pietja wrote:Today, I had a salty talk with my current one, while I was with my friends, drinking.
She made the hell of two factors - that I was with my friends instead of being with her and about drinking itself.
I couldn't put up with someone who wouldn't give me space. No offence meant, but the fact she's being like Big Brother kind of sets off alarm bells.

View user profile

637 Re: What grinds your gears? on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Girls be crazy no matter what the age, they just hide it better. Shit. I miss the batshit crazy needy calls. When they grow up and get use to you, it's sorta like the phone collects dust then.

Hell I forget you guys are like young to me. I date a younger girl she's have to be early to mid twenties. Otherwise I get that 'you pedo' look.

anyway

I forgot what I was angry about that brought me to this conversation... Huh... How irritating.

View user profile

638 Re: What grinds your gears? on Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:51 pm

cenaris wrote:No offence meant, but the fact she's being like Big Brother kind of sets off alarm bells.

Nah, many girls are like that. Especially with today's uprbinging - with too much of a self esteem, feminist b.s. and other emancipating ideas that they were fed. What you get? Jelaous, paranoid being with slogans instead of mind. Sorry, but that's the modern mug of women empowerment for ya. Fallen so far from the voice of an old-days dream star.

TheGreatHibiki wrote:I miss the batshit crazy needy calls. When they grow up and get use to you, it's sorta like the phone collects dust then.

Yeah, quarrels, needy calls and stuff like can be fun sometimes. But still, I prefer my phone to be mute. Hell, I mute it most of the time for which I get angry calls, teary calls and all the emotional calls that girls have in their assortiment.
*sigh* I miss the days when cells were a rarity. Seriously. Nowdays cells are like lashes.

TheGreatHibiki wrote:Otherwise I get that 'you pedo' look.

Oh, USA, you so crazy with that "below 18 - a child" thingie.

Anyway, reply them with this :



Classic. Very Happy

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

639 Re: What grinds your gears? on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:11 pm

He really can't do a non creepy smile can he?

View user profile

640 Re: What grinds your gears? on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:00 am

Right now, unreliable friends. I go to a few matches with my uncle every year to see my cousins and to help make it fun, I get to invite a friend because nobody else in my family wants to go. I usually have a damn reliable pal and it's always a blast. But, this past year, he moved to get ready to enter the military, so we barely even talk compared to before. This year, like normal, I gave my friend a whole months notice. Then, two days before the first match, I ask him if he's ready to go and he starts yelling at me that he's preparing his future and he's too far away (when he's easily a bus ride away from the arena and I'm a whole hour away.) Just ticks me off when I'm the one planning, everything falls through and I can't depend on anybody but myself.

View user profile

641 Re: What grinds your gears? on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:25 pm

CrimsonZeke wrote:Right now, unreliable friends

That's no unreliable friends, gent. That's called growing up. Can't tell how many of my friends got away from me that way.


My gear grinder now.
Friend ex-girlfriend.

Went to a pub today, to drink few beers. All of the sudden, my friend ex-girlfriend shows up and starts... courting me.
Hell, I think, let her be. We talked a bit and then she straightforwardly gives an offer to go to a club. To be safe - with her friend coming along. And after a few broskis, I think, what the hell, I'd like to dance a little.
So we went to a club. But, her friend declined on going in and he went home. Appparently, as I found out a minute later, he lives nearby, so, my conclusion, he wanted to go back home and get some sleep. Thus, my and my friend ex-gf. came in. I ordered some drinks to get my knees running and started dancing. But, as soon as I hit the floor, she came by and started to dance along. No problem, you may think. But soon after she started to rub against me and dancing in a provocative way.

Well, I have this rule, that I don't play in that manner with my friend ex-mates, so I tried to distance myself a bit, but she couldn't have it. After a while of my dancing and her courting, I came back to the bar and then the hell started.
She asked what the eff was wrong with me to turn down her advancements towards me, so I gave her a brief opinion about her. Then she started to act more hostile and, eventually, she barked something about her ex and how's that in the past and that it's insulting to her that I can't look at her as a woman, not as an ex of my friend. I gave her a cold shoulder and went dancing with other girls. She got mad and tried to interfere, so I took her aside and tried to talk about the nonsensical behaviour of hers. Because, she clearly acted like we were together, in the lovely-dovely sense.

To sum it up, I went out of the club earlier, silently, because I couldn't stand her behaviour. And few minutes before I'm writing this, I got two instant messegase about how much the bastard I am, for taking her to a club and ignoring her.

Sweetie, thing is, you've took me to a club and lied about going to it with a friend and then you've started your advancements towards me to which I had no interests and I mentioned it earlier. I'm sorry that my friend broke up with you, but that doesn't mean you have to hit up on his friend. I came to a club to drink and dance, maybe talk to some broads, that's all. My decency told me to stay friendly with any girl or guy that I'll meet, because you were with me. But you've made a fuss about my every movement.

You're fukked up, lady and you can't get over the fact that you've lost your boyfriend, but I'm not gonna be a substitute. Sorry.

Eh. She made my night a bitter one and I'm sure she'll send and instant message to her ex, my friend, to tell about how awful I was.
Good thing that he knows how much of a bitch she is. That's why he broke up with her and that's why he won't treat her complaints seriously. At least I hope so.

Whole night down the drain, becase of her. Urgh... women. Try to be rational about them, eh?

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

642 Re: What grinds your gears? on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 am

@ Pietja:

If he does treat her complaints seriously tell him your side of the story. I think he'll be more likely to trust you then her.

I was in the same situation once (the Ex-GF of my best friend had a liking for me... but i also for her) But that turned out to be all short.

I once called her 4 times in an hour and she didn't call back. Thats when something snapped and I was like: W/e. Didn't speak to her since.

---------------------------------------------------

My own gears?

I've been single for nearly a year and yesterday I had a flashback. Nearly left me crying...

I thought I was over it? Guess not :/

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/XellXenathos

643 Re: What grinds your gears? on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:48 pm

Today, I've got pissed so badly. Over something called copyright infridgement.

Situation looks like this :

Few months ago, I was drinking with my friends at one of theirs home and after that, we went to a bar in our city, which is a helluva fine one, to drink some more.
I was drunk, my friends were also, but few of them were also hungry, so they've ordered hot-dogs, which this bar served. And, hot dogs were served in stiff, white paper and since I had pen with me, I doodled around on it, to kill my boredom. I drew guys enjoying beer and other alcoholic stuff, doing cheers with their glasses. It was a doodle done by a drunk fellow, like me, but I've done one mistake - instead of throwing it out, I sticked that piece of paper behind radiator.
And, today, months after that, I came to that bar to drink some beer and play pool and while I was ordring beer, I noticed that picture, cut into a shape, next to drink list.
So I asked where'd they got that and they said that "some girl, a friend of the owner drew that".

Hell, I'd understand if they'd say that it was some trash or random thing found somewhere, but there's someone that actually CLAIMED that it was her! And it was a petty doodle done while being helluva intoxinated! And now, it stands on the view for everyone to see!

Seriously, fellow forumers - what would you do if you were in my skin?

'cause I have few solutions to this problem, but I'd like to know your opinion.

My mistake is, that I didn't put my sig on it, but, shieeet, it was a drunken doodle!

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

644 Re: What grinds your gears? on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:28 pm

You can turn it into a legend.

View user profile

645 Re: What grinds your gears? on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:08 pm

appleclock wrote:You can turn it into a legend.

Oh, yes, indeed I can, despite whatever tone you intended to say it. Very Happy
I've also have that covered. Very Happy

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

646 Re: What grinds your gears? on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:13 am

Challenge her to redraw something similar quality. On the spot so she can't run off and print something off and pass it off as a drawing. If she says needs drink or something to do it, let her have it. When she obvious can't do it or says she can't be bothered, you can her out by drawing something the same to the original pic. Then they'll all know she's a dirty rotton cheat

View user profile

647 Re: What grinds your gears? on Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:44 pm

Today I thought you all should know, that I hate children. Am I good with children? Yes. But in no way does that mean I like being around them, ever. However, Since her 17 year old son is so good with children we have legions of them invading our home on a weekly basis. I cant take it anymore. Let me tell you guys about me day.

I was awakend after 6 hours of sleep, by the Children playing after waking up from a sleep over. Naturally I get up and begin my day. I eat breakfast and find my-self assaulted with chitlins asking me for cereal. "I hadnt ever had mini wheats before" says the child who has indeed had many a bowl of mini wheats. "I'm sorry guys I dont know what you guys need to be given. (one of them cant have sugar) I sit down and log onto CYS as I eat my cereal. Later my dad tells me to do some things at specific times, I do as he asks. My mom tells me to entertain the children and I work on that, building robots out of kinex for them to play with. My dad comes home angry with me for forgetting one of the steps. (I'm sorry I was building robots, isnt a very good excuse.) I try to go outback, but suddenly I find that the kids karate fighting with me, they are at my groin level... fantastic. (Hitting little kids back is a big no-no.) The little autistic kid is constantly crying because of the overwhelming stimulouse while the others act like freaking retards. Now they are all outside (except the autistic one) and I get some peice and quiet right? No. The remaining young one obliterates a car I built out of legos for my brother then cries endlessly about it. I rebuild it for him, then he starts stacking stuff on top of it till he breaks it. I rebuild it again how it was in the first place. He Yells, "Fix it right!" So I toss it in the floor and shatter it back into peices, "There, its how you had it again." (that does not go over very well) Now Ive been listening to him cry about one stupid thing or another for about 30 minutes, and he is totally unpleasable.

View user profile

648 Re: What grinds your gears? on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:42 pm

ugilick, being around children is the true and ultimate lesson on tolerance, I can tell you that. I love children and kids love being around me, I can tell you that, but I had to have few years and closer encounters with their shenanigans to fully take a grasp on it(because you can't understand it, as an adult) and be tolerant about it.

It all brews to this - kids are kids. They may piss you off, but it's their right to do so. That doensn't mean you can't act angry on them and voice your opinion. But, again, it brews all to that that you'll have to smile or even laugh at their behaviour. You can be intolerant towards teenagers or adults, but kids? Let them be, despite all your angst towards their actions that are aimed at your sanity. Still, like I've said, try to show them what's wrong and right, but don't be overly pissed when your pedagogical efforts will go in vain.

Because, all in all - they're kids. And we were all kids back in a good ol' days. Give them some liberty to act like a wild beings that they naturally are, it's no XIX Prussia. It's the only chance in a lifetime for them to be wild, noisy and wicked - after that there'll be teenage and adult years which will bound them to social and mental chains.

Again, let them be - but you can blow off your steam here, nevertheless! That's the reason of this forum existance. Very Happy

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

649 Re: What grinds your gears? on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:05 pm

Things that grind my gears are Riots, 3rd day now since I have bunch of scallies outside on my street trying to loot, seriously, scary shit...

Goddamn it, where the fuck are the rubber bullets -.-

View user profile

650 Re: What grinds your gears? on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:10 am

Dreadstunlock wrote:Things that grind my gears are Riots, 3rd day now since I have bunch of scallies outside on my street trying to loot, seriously, scary shit...

Goddamn it, where the fuck are the rubber bullets -.-


Use a slingshot and superbounce balls. Non-lethal and they still leave marks.

Morons, they just needed an excuse after the tuition hikes and *hitty job market.

Just like us Yankees, where is the tipping point when it all goes to hell Question

View user profile

651 Re: What grinds your gears? Today at 8:31 pm

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum