Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What grinds your gears?

+71
pablowapsi
Auroralikethesunrise
waffllecat
RennisTora
KaZe
artimies7
Nighthawke
ugilick
CrimsonZeke
Dreadstunlock
bigro
Kairu88
Mr_M
TheGreatHibiki
3D Ninja
scienceguy8
Youchip
yellowrock
Felonious Exalt
Haventownsend
Ganthan
Latrans
Xenathos
Drunkenvalley
not_cenaris
rpx
dog3oy
Blacklite
Chells
Damien Darkside
Nikolai
Triskelli
Frist
MicasR
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Paranoid
Aimereta
Clockwork
Zumbo Prime
JimmyDimples
p1x13st1ck
blind_dead_mcjones
cammyjag
Maple_Fish
stephanodude
Rad
Trevon Fox
GoldenDragon
Forthwol
Sketchtastic
5c4rl37
xombie
Concrete
mariachidevil
cenaris
Winds
Leak
Jaebird
hiddenflame
Pandora
wolfpax181
26_9
BenRG
xivk
Stormcrow-18
Lazarus Firenze
MadxHatter123
MrFreeeman
Zaran
delicious lambchops
Pietja
75 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 29]

26What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:23 pm

hiddenflame

hiddenflame

rofl
i believe theres a battlefield: bad company rick roll somewhere.
Rickrolls are good as long as the animation or whatever you put on there AREN'T repetitive. Some dude going back and forth for 4 minutes ticks me off.

Ah, another thing that grinds my gears, that INVOLVES gears in it's title: Gears of War 2.
Epic Spam. If you own an xbox, you'll probably see your message box spammed with invites to this game because of the annoying "Invite everyone on your friends list" feature.

27What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Winds

Winds

Stick shift cars grind my gears just as I grind theirs

28What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:01 am

Pietja

Winds wrote:Stick shift cars grind my gears just as I grind theirs

In Poland, amongst the men there is a unwritten law, glued to the back of our brains - a car with an automatic transmission is not a car. It's a dishonor for a male to ride on a thing with that evil invention in it.
Ok., maybe as a passenger while woman drives. Then it is perfectly fine, although riding with woman is also somewhat degrading to pride. The only exception is that, when you're drunk or having too much alcohol in your blood to be allowed to driving (wich is quite low - 0,2%).

Aaand for that as an introduction.

We had elderly behind the wheel, now I tell you what's my morning nightmere every time when I drive to and back to work.
You see, my city has a big street connecting it with country's capitol city Warsaw where I work at. Everyone commutes by it. And, when I was younger (and without licence) there wasn't as much traffic jams as there are today. You know, I had my own conclusions, but, due the fact that I'm often called a chauvinist & so on, I needed a professional opinion.
So, one of my favourite buildings in Warsaw, where my dad friends work at - Central Statistic Office. I checked the rate of light accidents and major traffic jams in Warsaw from 2004. And there was about 45% rise in light accidents, while there was 30% of a rise of a serious traffics (minor are monitored by police only). Now, the funny thing was written next to it - a letter K (Kobieta - Female) next to 38% of light accidents, and 22% next to traffic jams.

So my own conclusion was right :

STATISTICLY women can't drive!

And they're making my streets unable for driving! Get a bus! Have a heart! Or learn to drive!

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

29What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:50 am

Winds

Winds

Pietja wrote:

In Poland, amongst the men there is a unwritten law, glued to the back of our brains - a car with an automatic transmission is not a car. It's a dishonor for a male to ride on a thing with that evil invention in it.
Ok., maybe as a passenger while woman drives. Then it is perfectly fine, although riding with woman is also somewhat degrading to pride. The only exception is that, when you're drunk or having too much alcohol in your blood to be allowed to driving (wich is quite low - 0,2%).

We had elderly behind the wheel, now I tell you what's my morning nightmere every time when I drive to and back to work.
You see, my city has a big street connecting it with country's capitol city Warsaw where I work at. Everyone commutes by it. And, when I was younger (and without licence) there wasn't as much traffic jams as there are today. You know, I had my own conclusions, but, due the fact that I'm often called a chauvinist & so on, I needed a professional opinion.
So, one of my favourite buildings in Warsaw, where my dad friends work at - Central Statistic Office. I checked the rate of light accidents and major traffic jams in Warsaw from 2004. And there was about 45% rise in light accidents, while there was 30% of a rise of a serious traffics (minor are monitored by police only). Now, the funny thing was written next to it - a letter K (Kobieta - Female) next to 38% of light accidents, and 22% next to traffic jams.

And they're making my streets unable for driving! Get a bus! Have a heart! Or learn to drive!

In the immortal words of Rudy Reyes:

"Thats what I love about you, dawg...you're so f*ckin messed up."

30What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:28 am

Pietja

Winds wrote:

In the immortal words of Rudy Reyes:

"Thats what I love about you, dawg...you're so f*ckin messed up."

Thankyee kindly.

I've got punched in a kidney today. Lost my breath on university stairs. And all because of my classmate. She uses to go around poking, hitting (lightly) people she knows when she wants to get her attention. So she goes, punch, and asks me how's my homework (she didn't had her own done). Somehow, she made ideal hit at my left half, straight in the kidney. I was fuken in tears.

And that was bad.

The good thing is that at least that while she looked at me crawling she had a face like she was about to drop dead from a heart attack.
Caring girl Very Happy.

31What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:35 pm

xivk

Grinding me gears atm, theres no fun in game competitions anymore. Stead of the days when I played people and it was fun now its all about the money, using cheap trick, and whatever broken glitch possible to win.

Seriously: F this greedy world.

http://xivk.deviantart.com/

32What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:40 pm

hiddenflame

hiddenflame

lol.
I hate xbox live modders, damn them and all their achievements.

33What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:47 pm

cenaris

cenaris

xivk wrote:Grinding me gears atm, theres no fun in game competitions anymore. Stead of the days when I played people and it was fun now its all about the money, using cheap trick, and whatever broken glitch possible to win.

Seriously: F this greedy world.

This is why developers have to bring back more emphasis on offline 4 player experiences, and better yet make certain rewards only unlockable in them so people can't cheat online and have a reason to play offline, meaning less mods.

34What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:52 pm

xivk

Well i dotn means mods and cheats. Just in brawl trying to play online it pisses me off when they take advantage of the lag with certain characters and stages that the opponent cant do crap.

Wheres the fun anymore, really. ~_~

35What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Pietja wrote:

Maybe in Poland, but not all over the entire world. Seriously, I'm getting really sick of your chauvanistic posts about women. REALLY. SICK. OF. IT.

36What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:48 pm

MadxHatter123

MadxHatter123

I should have warned you piejta, any woman on the forum who reads what you posted is going to come after you now. Me, I have complete respect for women and know they can do things just as well as us guys can, probably better.

37What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Pandora

Pandora

JackTheIncubusWolf wrote:I should have warned you piejta, any woman on the forum who reads what you posted is going to come after you now. Me, I have complete respect for women and know they can do things just as well as us guys can, probably better.

He made posts like that on the old forum too. I'm tired of it. Flat out tired of it.

*ahem* BUT in the interest of keeping this thread on track, I will make a post that actually pertains to the topic.

What grinds my gears? People who just don't get that I don't want to have a baby. I'm tokophobic (fear of childbirth and pregnancy). All the time I hear, "Oh, you'll get over it," or "It's not a big deal" or even, "What? Why?" Like they can't possibly comprehend that I just might want to, y'know, make my own choices about it? Pregnancy is a big deal, giving birth is a big deal. I don't want it.

Even when I get married, my boyfriend already knows that I want to adopt. He's warmed up to the idea. It just bugs the hell out of me that it's pretty much expected of me to pop out a kid and be a housewife. No. No way in hell. Ever. Will I be a housewife.

38What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:25 pm

xivk

Who tells you youll get over it? Just random people or ones you know?

39What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Pandora

Pandora

xivk wrote:Who tells you youll get over it? Just random people or ones you know?

Both. It really sucks.

40What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:56 am

Pietja

JackTheIncubusWolf wrote:I should have warned you piejta, any woman on the forum who reads what you posted is going to come after you now.

But... I like when they're comming after me.

Pandora wrote:
Even when I get married, my boyfriend already knows that I want to adopt. He's warmed up to the idea. It just bugs the hell out of me that it's pretty much expected of me to pop out a kid and be a housewife. No. No way in hell. Ever. Will I be a housewife.

Never say never, but I have to agree with the adoption thing. I also think the same way, obviously, not because of the same reason as yours. My opinion is that there are just too damn many of us on this globe while the situations at orphanges(at least in Poland) is terryfying. Four kids for one room, many of them should be in a penitentiary schools or at least some kind of psyhological help should be given to them. The boy-boy rape occurence is almost as high as in prisons. But, due to the nature of these institutions, not many want to talk about them. I won't mention the ammount of molestation towards girls. One of our biggest cities, PoznaƄ has a high rate of street urchins that ran away from orphanges and state that they'd rather be dead or freezing on a street than get back to their "homes". I was on a trip there, and in the center of a city, an old market, lot's of kids wandered on cold December. Many of them asked me to buy something to eat for them. Underage girls often offer a sexual service for a buck or two. You want to know how much for a full service? 32$, if I'm counting well. Even street-lamp hookers earn more. And many adults gladly join that kind of urban extravaganza.
Yet, people would rather to have a child of their own blood and lineage as they feel it's safer, and the "outcome" (grotesquely saying) will be more easy to predict.

So, I guess, my rant fits to the topic.

41What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 am

Pandora

Pandora

I WILL say "never" because I do not want to be a frikkin' housewife and I'd shoot myself before I became one.

I want to adopt. For more than one reason.

42What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:04 pm

MadxHatter123

MadxHatter123

You don't have to have a kid if you don't want to. I actually have a few friends who decided the same as you. Adoption gives you the joys of having a kid with out the pain of childbirth.

43What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:13 pm

Pandora

Pandora

JackTheIncubusWolf wrote:You don't have to have a kid if you don't want to. I actually have a few friends who decided the same as you. Adoption gives you the joys of having a kid with out the pain of childbirth.

Exactly. People seem to think I'm a freak because I don't want to get pregnant and have a kid when I get married. I'm sick up to my eyeballs of that. Maybe my sister is fine being so thouroughly domestic (seriously...she's a clone of my mom) but I'd go insane. My sister and I lived in this SAME TOWN our entire lives. My sister moved to the capitol city...AND CAME BACK. WHY?! I don't frikkin' know! I hate this place. No way in hell I'd pop out a kid, come back, and then rely on allowance from my husband like she does. NO WAY IN HELL. I want my OWN career, I want to live anywhere but here, and I want to adopt.

44What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:32 pm

MadxHatter123

MadxHatter123

Your the perfect example of a modern woman, and that's a good thing.

45What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:27 pm

mariachidevil

mariachidevil

This bastard heat is grinding my gears. The last few days have been around or above 30 degrees (Centigrade, for Fahrenheit that's between 85 and 95 degrees) and it's f**king terrible. This is supposed to be the end of spring, and yet we're getting the hottest November in recorded history.

Not to mention the effect this heat is having on everyone. Coupled with end-of-year-exam stress, it's driven so many people to breakdowns and fights. I've avoided the direct effects rather nicely, hiding at my air-conditioned work, but every time I see a friend now they are having a shit time. For some reason they have all turned to alcohol for support, too. I've never known this many of my friends to be drinking this heavily, kinda scares me.

That's my rant. I hate the heat and I hate what it is doing to people.

46What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Pietja

Your strong statements reminded me of that quote :

"Fortune, like a woman, needs to be beaten and dominated"

But I'd rather like the simple "never say never".

Well, there are four girls at my ap. right now. And that is fine, heck, that is mighty fine, but I'm annoyed by the fact that two of them made my counter sticky with alcohol they try to mix and I just can't go over the fact that this view of them looks so damn amusing Very Happy.

Ok., pappy goes back to the kitchen. Twisted Evil

47What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:03 pm

Winds

Winds

Pandora, I have to know. If I were to hold a door open for you, would think me a chauvinist?

I know there are people out there like that and it pisses me the fuck off.

IM BEING POLITE!
TAKE THE OFFER OR GET THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY!

48What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:29 pm

MadxHatter123

MadxHatter123

Most of the time at school, when ever I hold the door for girls to go first, they usually say thank you and go through. I was tought that was the right thing to do, didn't realize it might get some women mad at me.

49What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Zaran

Zaran

Winds wrote:Pandora, I have to know. If I were to hold a door open for you, would think me a chauvinist?

IM BEING POLITE!

Winds, watch your language please, this is a PG forum

JackTheIncubusWolf wrote:Most of the time at school, when ever I hold the door for girls to go first, they usually say thank you and go through. I was tought that was the right thing to do, didn't realize it might get some women mad at me.

I think it's because: although feminists say it's right for a women to be independent and not always require the help of a guy, sometimes it goes over the top and then the line between manners and "belief of incompetence"(for the lack of a better phrase) blur. Or something along these lines.

My gears at the moment is being grinded by, ironically, the women of my home. It's like, if they don't like it or it's not done to their time, it's garbage and should be treated as such. Everyday, after school I come home and generally pick up after my sister and brother.

One day, I am just exhausted from school and didn't do my normal routine upon coming home. My mom then comes home and starts screaming about how everyday there are dishes in the sink, and how she is sick of it. She then proceeds to throw out the expensive china with no regard to who bought them. I hear dishes break and then I yell at her to stop. We get into this freakin giant argument about responsibilities and duties to which she thinks she's right just because she always see's dishes in the sink.

I can't wait to graduate and go to college

http://zaranr.deviantart.com

50What grinds your gears? - Page 2 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:37 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Pietja wrote:Your strong statements reminded me of that quote :

"Fortune, like a woman, needs to be beaten and dominated"

But I'd rather like the simple "never say never".

Well, there are four girls at my ap. right now. And that is fine, heck, that is mighty fine, but I'm annoyed by the fact that two of them made my counter sticky with alcohol they try to mix and I just can't go over the fact that this view of them looks so damn amusing Very Happy.

Ok., pappy goes back to the kitchen. Twisted Evil

Pietja, seriously, KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF. I'm not shitting you when I say I'm sick of this from you.

Pandora, I have to know. If I were to hold a door open for you, would think me a chauvinist?

IM BEING POLITE!

No, I wouldn't. I think it's just a simple gesture of politeness, rather than an assumption of weakness. I hold doors for people too, there's nothing wrong with that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum