Collected Curios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What grinds your gears?

+71
pablowapsi
Auroralikethesunrise
waffllecat
RennisTora
KaZe
artimies7
Nighthawke
ugilick
CrimsonZeke
Dreadstunlock
bigro
Kairu88
Mr_M
TheGreatHibiki
3D Ninja
scienceguy8
Youchip
yellowrock
Felonious Exalt
Haventownsend
Ganthan
Latrans
Xenathos
Drunkenvalley
not_cenaris
rpx
dog3oy
Blacklite
Chells
Damien Darkside
Nikolai
Triskelli
Frist
MicasR
BeDaOrLiSeAr
Paranoid
Aimereta
Clockwork
Zumbo Prime
JimmyDimples
p1x13st1ck
blind_dead_mcjones
cammyjag
Maple_Fish
stephanodude
Rad
Trevon Fox
GoldenDragon
Forthwol
Sketchtastic
5c4rl37
xombie
Concrete
mariachidevil
cenaris
Winds
Leak
Jaebird
hiddenflame
Pandora
wolfpax181
26_9
BenRG
xivk
Stormcrow-18
Lazarus Firenze
MadxHatter123
MrFreeeman
Zaran
delicious lambchops
Pietja
75 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 29]

101What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Winds

Winds

whats grinding my gears right now:

FA has been down all effing day!

102What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Yeah, I noticed that. It's been rather annoying.

103What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:55 am

Winds

Winds

Pandora wrote:Yeah, I noticed that. It's been rather annoying.
'Neer said the fiber link to the site had been severed some how.

104What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:58 pm

Okay, what really REALLY grinds my gears are overpriced videogames that really isn't worth it!

105What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:31 pm

Winds

Winds

@NdRiLz@ wrote:Okay, what really REALLY grinds my gears are overpriced videogames that really isn't worth it!
Sounds like someone's been introduced to modern warfare 2.

106What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Winds wrote:
@NdRiLz@ wrote:Okay, what really REALLY grinds my gears are overpriced videogames that really isn't worth it!
Sounds like someone's been introduced to modern warfare 2.

Haha, no it isn't MW2 I'm talking about Razz There's a lot of games where I live that really costs to much. I mean MW2 is one of this year's best games and has a regular price compared with other new games here in Norway... that game is totally worth it!

107What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Forthwol

Forthwol

What Grinds my Gears? Twilight and it's fan base. enough said

108What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:22 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Forthwol wrote:What Grinds my Gears? Twilight and it's fan base. enough said

Cone join Twiligtsucks.com. I'm there dude.

109What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:27 am

xivk

Grinding me gears... i forget.

http://xivk.deviantart.com/

110What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:13 am

cenaris

cenaris

Ah, forgetfulness. The bane of the mind.

111What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:01 am

Pietja

Maybe I'm too old to notice the hype or simply my coutry was spared of this "Twilight" craze. I was informed of a book of that title (or movie) on this forum.
But I'm just wondering, fanbases aside, how many of those haters actually read some of it (or watched the movie)?
I can assume that many, because I had the same with Harry Potter books, back when I was young enough to care about that kind of silly stuff like being a hater Very Happy. And I've never touched that book, although later I had to admit that the movies were captivating and done very well on technical side.

For the note - I never read any book written by Stephanie Meyer (Mayer?) because as much as I like vampires, I don't like the way of modern view on them.

Although "Near Dark" was badarse.

Nothing grinds my gears, I was purified of my anger during last few days.

http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

112What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:06 pm

Winds

Winds

Having a commission on hold because I cant think up an idea of what I want the artist to draw.

I may just give up the slot since to someone who knows what they want drawn.

113What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:14 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Pietja wrote:

Maybe I'm too old to notice the hype or simply my coutry was spared of this "Twilight" craze. I was informed of a book of that title (or movie) on this forum.
But I'm just wondering, fanbases aside, how many of those haters actually read some of it (or watched the movie)?
I can assume that many, because I had the same with Harry Potter books, back when I was young enough to care about that kind of silly stuff like being a hater Very Happy. And I've never touched that book, although later I had to admit that the movies were captivating and done very well on technical side.

For the note - I never read any book written by Stephanie Meyer (Mayer?) because as much as I like vampires, I don't like the way of modern view on them.

Although "Near Dark" was badarse.

Nothing grinds my gears, I was purified of my anger during last few days.

I know a few people who have read it, and still hate it. I couldn't stand it myself. Edward is an abusive fuck, Jacob is a pedo and Bella is a very flat Mary Sue. The whole thing reads like a 12-year-old's fanfic, the vampires don't have fangs, and they SPARLKLE, and there are several contradictions in and of itself. It's a terrible bookseries and a terrible movie series. Taylor Lautner has pretty much just hung a giant "Don't take me seriously as an actor" sign around his neck. (He did Shark Boy and Lava Girl before this, and next he's doing a Max Steel movie...which is based on an action figure...)

114What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Lazarus Firenze

Lazarus Firenze

At the moment, the fact that I can't get this sodding set of pieces Im doing for some friends as them as Marines.... GAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

115What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:56 pm

Pandora

Pandora

My car is running like poop on wheels. Not my fault this time. My dad suspects that there's either something wrong with a cylinder, or something is getting wet that shouldn't be.

116What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:55 pm

Winds

Winds

Pandora wrote:My car is running like poop on wheels. Not my fault this time. My dad suspects that there's either something wrong with a cylinder, or something is getting wet that shouldn't be.
Haha car trouble for you too?

I walked outside today and my car was gone! Very Happy

117What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:37 pm

cenaris

cenaris

The winter blues are kicking in. They never used to when I was a kid. Now they just signal loneliness and the end of the year... Crying or Very sad

118What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:18 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Winds wrote:
Pandora wrote:My car is running like poop on wheels. Not my fault this time. My dad suspects that there's either something wrong with a cylinder, or something is getting wet that shouldn't be.
Haha car trouble for you too?

I walked outside today and my car was gone! Very Happy

Shit, that sucks. Did you file a report?

119What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Winds

Winds

Yeah, but Im not gonna get it back.
30 minutes from the border and a 91 camry?

Yeah that thing's engine is probably being ripped out as we speak.

120What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Being sick in the weekends totally grinds my gears -_-

121What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:57 pm

GoldenDragon

You know what grinds MY gears? The fact that I have all these ideas of stuff to draw but can't draw well at all.

And to give you the idea of what kind of quality I want my drawings to look like eventually, something along the lines of this good:

What grinds your gears? - Page 5 District_10_by_AndreeWallin

122What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Pandora

Pandora

Heh, there's something you should know here:

Your expectations are way too high at this point. You're just going to make yourself more and more frustrated by expecting too much of yourself too soon. I can tell you right now, the person who did that piece has had years of experience, and probably has gone to art school.

Another thing you should know, that is a digitally colored picture. That level of smoothness and detail and composition was achieved through a digital art program. In other words, any mistakes they made could be fixed by clicking an "undo" button and starting again. It probably took hours of work and a lot of practice learning how to use the program. They probably also had a tablet.

In a nutshell, don't expect THAT much from yourself already. You're just going to make yourself angry. What you need to do is practice and practice and work on establishing basic art skill and then your OWN style, instead of wanting to build up to someone else's.

123What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:38 am

Lazarus Firenze

Lazarus Firenze

Start off easy, never go straight for the insanely detailed pics. I have had my tablet for over a year now and have only gotten this good:

What grinds your gears? - Page 5 KhorneBezerker-1

That is nowhere near the standard you want to get to. Keep it slow and steady. Youll get there with practise (and a tablet and Photoshop Razz)

124What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:53 am

Trevon Fox

Trevon Fox

You know what really Grinds my Gears?! Being a script writer but having none to right a script for... or at least have the artistic skills to draw out your sh*t!

Why have I been cursed with such an existence?!

125What grinds your gears? - Page 5 Empty Re: What grinds your gears? Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:29 am

Leak

Leak

What grinds my gears?

Finding out that the same Star Trek: Deep Space Nine DVDs that you can buy at Amazon.de (2 sets per season at about 50 EUR total) cost less than 17 EUR *per season* at Amazon.co.uk (yeah, with English text for the episode descriptions on the DVD cases, but the discs themselves are the same) - ARGH!

Thank god I've only purchased the first season from Amazon.de...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum