Collected Curios

The new forum for all things related to collectedcurios.com.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask Jolly Jack!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 40]

126 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:27 am

Here's a quick question/suggestion I think you might find interesting. For those who have the red and green 3D goggles lying around, have you ever considered rendering one of two of your pics in 3D? I'm sure lots of people would get a kick out of seeing Kat or Chloe or Pip in pseudo-3D

View user profile

127 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:38 pm

jollyjack wrote:
Rad wrote:Meeester Jack? Are you ever planning on making a Dot Zombie 3?
I really loved DZ 2.5.

I have a few new games in mind. One of them is a huge exploration game. No real aim to it, it's just for people that like to make maps and trade information with each other on where to find the best sights and treasures.
Dot Zombie 3 is bound to show up at some point, as soon as I come up with a good scenario.

-drool- Let me know when they come out, k? : D

View user profile

128 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:37 pm

JJ, did the SA crew celebrate New Year's like they do every year? With Kat getting drunk and Pip blowing something up?

View user profile http://zaranr.deviantart.com

129 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Zaran wrote:JJ, did the SA crew celebrate New Year's like they do every year? With Kat getting drunk and Pip blowing something up?

thats only happend like once....the other one was Christmas

View user profile

130 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:20 pm

Pardon JJ a question not sure if private but I notice with some other comics online, do you get paid for your SA strips?

View user profile http://xivk.deviantart.com/

131 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:16 am

xivk wrote:Pardon JJ a question not sure if private but I notice with some other comics online, do you get paid for your SA strips?

I only get a little cash from the sale of the books. I don't get anything for the online strips.
I could if I allowed for advertising on my site, but I hate that crap.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

132 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:10 am

Good man.

Ads frigan ruin the fun of a site. -_- (acursed AIB)

View user profile http://xivk.deviantart.com/

133 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:09 am

Jolly Jack now that you have reached the level of 69 how do you feel?

View user profile

134 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:48 am

I have one question :

What size (pixels, DPI) is your typical comic book page done at when sent into print?

I'm interested because I want to know how much of errors (shaky lines, minor dots, etc) could be allowed on a picture before goint into print. How much visible these would be.

Also - do you resise the picture before sending it to print to a smaller size? If that's a yes, then how much?

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

135 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Pietja wrote:I have one question :

What size (pixels, DPI) is your typical comic book page done at when sent into print?

I'm interested because I want to know how much of errors (shaky lines, minor dots, etc) could be allowed on a picture before goint into print. How much visible these would be.

Also - do you resise the picture before sending it to print to a smaller size? If that's a yes, then how much?

300dpi is the minimum. That's the largest I actually work, especially if in colour, as manipulating a high-res, multi-layer PSD really eats into your computer's memory.

When I inked my work by hand, I used to work larger and reduce the lineart after scanning it in. Hid a lot of shakes and scratches Smile

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

136 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:56 pm

There was a fictional soap you depicted the denizens watching once. It was called Misery Lane if I remember. Would that every make another appearence? Even as a limited short series?

View user profile

137 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Thought I'd ask this before I do it, otherwise I might get in trouble. Don't know if anyone else could answer this, but do so if you know the answer.

Is it alright to post links/referral links to free online games here?

This is mainly for Jack; The owner of this game is looking to advertise, but I do remember you saying that you don't care for advertisements, so is there a means of convincing you to put her link up on the main CC site, like you do for the comics and game reviewers and such?

View user profile

138 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:48 pm

I think that you could post a link to it, but in not such a great place - that is Spam Lounge thread.

View user profile http://pietja8t8.deviantart.com/

139 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Heh. This is the only place it can go. Not this specific thread, of course, but it isn't CC related. Just random, entertaining fun for someone looking into long-term game commitments.

View user profile

140 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:22 pm

JJ? is there somewhere you get your inspirations from? Or are you just Lying down when you get that "THATS IT!!" moment?

View user profile

141 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:53 pm

JJ? What soap to you use? I use bacon grease; the dirt just slides right off and I smell great!

View user profile

142 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:34 am

Tom wrote:Thought I'd ask this before I do it, otherwise I might get in trouble. Don't know if anyone else could answer this, but do so if you know the answer.

Is it alright to post links/referral links to free online games here?

This is mainly for Jack; The owner of this game is looking to advertise, but I do remember you saying that you don't care for advertisements, so is there a means of convincing you to put her link up on the main CC site, like you do for the comics and game reviewers and such?

As I said; I'm not currently interested in putting advertising on my website, nor do I particularly want this forum cluttered with non-community related posts.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

143 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:35 am

cenaris wrote:There was a fictional soap you depicted the denizens watching once. It was called Misery Lane if I remember. Would that every make another appearence? Even as a limited short series?

That was just a gag.
While Misery Lane may be referred to again at some point, it's not going to be blown into anything larger.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

144 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:31 am

Why "collected curi_o_s" ?

View user profile

145 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:50 pm

26_994 wrote:Why "collected curi_o_s" ?

A "curio" is an object of interest. I try to put many of them on my website, hence the plural Smile

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

146 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:38 pm

How are you doing today?

View user profile

147 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:52 am

"Curio" means "antique thing".

Maybe,"curiouses"?

View user profile

148 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:42 am

26_994 wrote:"Curio" means "antique thing".

Maybe,"curiouses"?

curio
–noun, plural -
any unusual article, object of art, etc., valued as a curiosity.

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

149 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:51 am

Which would you rather do? Be able to fly under your own power, or go back in time and punch hitler in the face (without you being killed).

View user profile

150 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! on Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Vorthon wrote:Which would you rather do? Be able to fly under your own power, or go back in time and punch hitler in the face (without you being killed).

The former.
I've played Red Alert!!
Very Happy

View user profile http://collectedcurios.forumotion.net

151 Re: Ask Jolly Jack! Today at 9:46 pm

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum